5 | John Stones - 2024/25

Can’t help but think he’s in jeopardy now with Pep. Akanji and Ruben are the number ones now and Gvardiol would be higher up the food chain as well. Can see Stones being replaced next summer to be honest.

His problem right now is that Gvardiol, Dias, Akanji, Ake are all better than him, and Lewis is in the best form of his young career. It’s currently hard to justify giving Stones an extended run in the team. Even with Ake injured, the best back 4 is clearly Gvardiol, Dias, Akanji, Lewis. So not sure how much of an opportunity he’s going to get to play 4, 5, 6 games in a row.

Its always the same people here waiting to jump on John, saying the same stuff at the slightest thing liked by the same people.

I just don’t get it. He is a unique player who when fit is the best, for many reasons. I really don’t get this kind of shite.

Can’t help but think he’s in jeopardy now with Pep. Akanji and Ruben are the number ones now and Gvardiol would be higher up the food chain as well. Can see Stones being replaced next summer to be honest.
On the evidence of the first half yesterday a lot of players will be replaced next summer.

Awful 1st half, but improved as the game went on. Injuries and age perhaps catching up on him, but it appears not 1st choice cb anymore.

His problem right now is that Gvardiol, Dias, Akanji, Ake are all better than him, and Lewis is in the best form of his young career. It’s currently hard to justify giving Stones an extended run in the team. Even with Ake injured, the best back 4 is clearly Gvardiol, Dias, Akanji, Lewis. So not sure how much of an opportunity he’s going to get to play 4, 5, 6 games in a row.

There might be some truth to this, but Stones offers something different to the others with his ability to step into midfield alongside Rodders, which will prove invaluable at different stages this season.

It's good to have options.

Shocking first half, all over the place but started looking far better as the game went on.
Too busy trying to cover for the woeful Walker, in fact it affected the whole defence for me.

Walker played like he'd forgotten how to play football, and in the first half the defence like a bunch of lads who'd only just met about 5 minutes before kick off.

Too busy trying to cover for the woeful Walker, in fact it affected the whole defence for me.

Walker played like he'd forgotten how to play football, and in the first half the defence like a bunch of lads who'd only just met about 5 minutes before kick off.
I would agree there, Walker is our serious weak link now, his pace has gone and with it his ability to cover up for his shortcomings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.