5 worst refereeing decisions against city

Ko
Clattenburg sending Bellamy off at Bolton (second yellow) for diving when he'd been the one fouled.
Clattenburg failing to give a penalty at Chelsea when Silva was clearly fouled,
Jones decision not to give a penalty for Fonte's trip on Aguero, when even Fonte made it clear it was a foul.
Oliver's string of incomprehensible decisions in the derby when he failed to award three penalties.
Can't remember who the ref was who failed to spot Crouch using his hand three times before scoring for Stoke against us.
There was a goal scored against us at Spurs in (I think) Pearce's final game, where there were three separate offences (foul, handball and offside by Assou Ekotto) in the build up.
Dowd's penalty award at Anfield in the LC semi, when the ball clearly bounced on Micah Richards' knee and hit his hand, which was at shoulder height, with Dowd indicating Micah had his hand out above his head.
Clattenburg (again) failing to spot two penalties at Anfield in the 2014 game and failing to send Suarez off for diving.
Poll disallowing a goal from a Richard Dunne free kick at West Brom because he claimed he hadn't blown the whistle when the TV replay clearly showed he was lying.
Poll again when we played Arsenal at the Etihad in the 2005/6 season when Arsenal were 4 points behind Spur with 2 games to play (Spurs had one). That game was bent as fuck until he'd safely delivered an Arsenal win but one decision I clearly remember was a City player being fouled in our half but we had a three-on-one break and were well in the Arsenal half when he blew for the free kick instead of playing advantage. It was then it dawned on me that Poll was bent.

Take your pick from that lot.

Kompany's sending off against the rags in the first half. Can't remember which season I just remember being apoplectic with rage at the time.

Ko

Kompany's sending off against the rags in the first half. Can't remember which season I just remember being apoplectic with rage at the time.
That initial list was straight off the top of my head but just been looking at that one. It was Foy in the FA Cup in 2011/12. He was another one who was bent and I understand we (i.e. City) knew it and called him out on it. Next game he reffed of ours after that was Tevez's comeback game at Norwich, where he booked Tevez for diving and replays clearly showed he's been fouled and it should have been a penalty. Didn't matter in the end fortunately.

That initial list was straight off the top of my head but just been looking at that one. It was Foy in the FA Cup in 2011/12. He was another one who was bent and I understand we (i.e. City) knew it and called him out on it. Next game he reffed of ours after that was Tevez's comeback game at Norwich, where he booked Tevez for diving and replays clearly showed he's been fouled and it should have been a penalty. Didn't matter in the end fortunately.

The thing is with City is we've always been a club where diving and general cheating hasn't been an issue. There's been the very odd dive but compared to problems at United, Chelsea and other clubs we fare very well in that respect.

What I'm getting at is that Aguero for example isn't a diver. He's known to stay on his feet even when he could/should go down. So when that time comes where he does go down in the box under a tackle, if I was a referee I'd be taking that into account before making my decision. Tevez was similar in that respect, as is Silva. They're not diving players so when they do go down then there's a high probability they've been fouled.

Don't official's take these sort of things into account?

The thing is with City is we've always been a club where diving and general cheating hasn't been an issue. There's been the very odd dive but compared to problems at United, Chelsea and other clubs we fare very well in that respect.

What I'm getting at is that Aguero for example isn't a diver. He's known to stay on his feet even when he could/should go down. So when that time comes where he does go down in the box under a tackle, if I was a referee I'd be taking that into account before making my decision. Tevez was similar in that respect, as is Silva. They're not diving players so when they do go down then there's a high probability they've been fouled.

Don't official's take these sort of things into account?
Not if they're bent they don't.

Not if they're bent they don't.

Another one was Micah Richards and David Silver being fouled in the box in the champions league against bayern Munich in the Allianz arena

Also against cska last season in the champions league dzeko goal disallowed for offside that would have made it 3-0 and then they get awarded a dodgy penalty in the last few minutes to equalise.

This part in particular is very interesting:

AUGUST, 2008 - SACKED OVER BUSINESS DEALINGS

He was suspended pending a probe into his business affairs following allegations he owed £60,000 as a result of a failed venture. He was pulled out of the FA Community Shield clash between Manchester United and Portsmouth as a result and later sacked by the Professional Game Match Officials board. In February 2009 he was reinstated as a Select Group Referee on appeal, but suspended for eight months from August 6, 2008, - the date of his original ban - for "issues relating to his private business affairs".

I have heard from friends of friends that bookmakers may have been involved.

This part in particular is very interesting:

AUGUST, 2008 - SACKED OVER BUSINESS DEALINGS

He was suspended pending a probe into his business affairs following allegations he owed £60,000 as a result of a failed venture. He was pulled out of the FA Community Shield clash between Manchester United and Portsmouth as a result and later sacked by the Professional Game Match Officials board. In February 2009 he was reinstated as a Select Group Referee on appeal, but suspended for eight months from August 6, 2008, - the date of his original ban - for "issues relating to his private business affairs".

I have heard from friends of friends that bookmakers may have been involved.
Clattenburg, Styles, Bennett & Riley. All, at around the same time, were removed from front-line refereeing duties iirc. That was no coincidence.

Jeff Winter in the 3-3 draw with Wolves. He should have turned up in s gold shirt. David James had one of his stormers that day with the amount of FK's and a penalty save given for fuck all.

I felt like he wanted to be the star of the highlights show that night.

Roger Taylor at Forest with that Crosby "goal" Fucking Courtney defending it on the big match on the Sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.