52 | Oscar Bobb - 2023/24

Proper talent, think that Pep sees him as a genuine option

But I also think that he's going to struggle for game time

Pep will say we dont need to win the Prem every year but that's not his mentality. He'll be fuming losing out on a title.

He will pick his best XI any and every game, and with KDB almost ready to return (and Doku) I just can't see Bobb getting picked above the guys who know how to win a title race.

Even token minutes, unless a game is killed off I'm not sure he'll get much time. Thankfully like Phil he'll be developing through training with the best.

Amazing talent though, let's hope he stays for a long time as next summer we may be seeing the last of Bernardo and KDB won't have too many seasons left in him

100% agree. I liked Palmer but this kid is a cut above. Seems to be able to find a blue shirt in tighter spaces and be that little bit more acute in the final 3rd.
One of the best passes I've seen at The Etihad. Made it easy for Phil and a tap in for Hoolihaaaan. How many players did Sheff U have in their area! Bet they had at least eight. The lad's a gem! And if King Brian had his way he'd be in the Tower of London as part of the Crown Jewels.

Edit: They had six in the box, seven including the keeper, and he dissected half of the out players. If SPotY ever had a Pass of the Year then Oscar would win it hands down, unless it got outvoted by a Johnny Evans backpass to Onana!

Last edited:
Looks really good

What impressed me already even before his pass yesterday was he seems to have very good vision and maturity in his playing and passing, especially when you consider how little he's played at the top senior level. So it's clear that it's something natural to him.

He's got good quick feet too but that can sometimes bring a lot of hype to a young player and maybe the rest of their skill set isn't there in the end when it matters, but this lad looks very well rounded in his ability.

Obviously time will tell, but I think we may have a player with an extremely high ceiling in this lad.

100% agree. I liked Palmer but this kid is a cut above. Seems to be able to find a blue shirt in tighter spaces and be that little bit more acute in the final 3rd.
Maybe, just maybe, he himself saw that Oscar Bobb could be a threat to him,challenging for that spot, hence his reluctance to stay and fight for a place.
All conjecture I know but I just feel Bobb is our next great young player to come through the ranks.
Only time will tell I suppose.

Maybe, just maybe, he himself saw that Oscar Bobb could be a threat to him,challenging for that spot, hence his reluctance to stay and fight for a place.
All conjecture I know but I just feel Bobb is our next great young player to come through the ranks.
Only time will tell I suppose.

I think Palmer was just impatient and wanted to play a more regular football and I can kind of understand it because more established players than him are not guaranteed a start at city. Young players must look at that and be thinking their chances of playing regular football are still quite limited and want to move on.

But then i get the feeling Pep was never fully sold on Palmer, hence why he even talked about the club selling him. I don't think Pep held him in the same regard as Phil or as he does with Rico now, in the sense I don't think Pep would've entertained the idea of the club selling them at a young age. I think Palmer probably knew it too. I'm sure Pep rated him to a degree but we weren't exactly hell bent on keeping him either.

Anyway as for Bobb. He looks really good, he's surrounded by the best players and best manager who seems to rate him. As long as he stays patient then he's going to get the best education any young player with that ability can get and he will excel for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.