52 | Oscar Bobb - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobb hopefully follows in the footsteps of Foden and Lewis who will also gets more game time,throw in young Hamilton and things start to get exciting from the aspect of coming through the ranks,possibly 4 in the first team ..

One of these players develops to the level they need to be at it’s worth surely like £100m in value to us. Then you get 4-5 of them over a ten year period and the whole cost of the academy is justified. Not to mention selling the unwanted ones each season

Proper talent, think that Pep sees him as a genuine option

But I also think that he's going to struggle for game time

Pep will say we dont need to win the Prem every year but that's not his mentality. He'll be fuming losing out on a title.

He will pick his best XI any and every game, and with KDB almost ready to return (and Doku) I just can't see Bobb getting picked above the guys who know how to win a title race.

Even token minutes, unless a game is killed off I'm not sure he'll get much time. Thankfully like Phil he'll be developing through training with the best.

Amazing talent though, let's hope he stays for a long time as next summer we may be seeing the last of Bernardo and KDB won't have too many seasons left in him

Yeah this is how I see it too. In a year's time, if he's still only getting 20 minutes each month I'm sure he'll get frustrated. I hope not, but he needs chances.

Media going overboard with Palmer , he is the best of a bad bunch in a mid-table team , Oscar bobb is showing similar promise but is getting minutes in the best team in the world under the best coach. He looks very composed when he plays and has really good vision for a young player , he has the same problem as Rico though , he is up against world class players and a couple more will probably arrive every season , but Foden is a great example of what is achievable.

Very, very excited about him. If he can kick on, we might have for the first time since he left a player as exciting as Sané, but better, in that he's already more of a team player.
The way from a standing position he just rolled the ball back and forth briefly so as bamboozle the defenders and then threaded it through to Phil like someone threading the eye of a needle was breathtaking. I literally gasped. The best single moment in the match.

Media going overboard with Palmer , he is the best of a bad bunch in a mid-table team , Oscar bobb is showing similar promise but is getting minutes in the best team in the world under the best coach. He looks very composed when he plays and has really good vision for a young player , he has the same problem as Rico though , he is up against world class players and a couple more will probably arrive every season , but Foden is a great example of what is achievable.

I think that's a good thing for Bobb.

I don't think anyone will pay what they did for Palmer for Bobb anytime soon, so he will get chances just like Rico and can hopefully nail a spot down.

Also lets hope he stays injury free because although Palmer was given a shot, he lost a lot of time to an injury that didn't heal.

That just caused the frustration to just grow within him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.