52 | Oscar Bobb - 2023/24

Media going overboard with Palmer , he is the best of a bad bunch in a mid-table team , Oscar bobb is showing similar promise but is getting minutes in the best team in the world under the best coach. He looks very composed when he plays and has really good vision for a young player , he has the same problem as Rico though , he is up against world class players and a couple more will probably arrive every season , but Foden is a great example of what is achievable.

I don’t think we should be comparing any young player to foden. Foden is a once in a generation talent who was always going to make it.

The issue for Bobb and Lewis is game time. How do you give them enough minutes to develop and how do they start ahead of ready made world class players. Both look class

I don’t think we should be comparing any young player to foden. Foden is a once in a generation talent who was always going to make it.

The issue for Bobb and Lewis is game time. How do you give them enough minutes to develop and how do they start ahead of ready made world class players. Both look class
What is relevant about Foden is how he has been handled and how he has handled things. Pep has not rushed him into playing lots of games and he has bided his time. Now, at 23, he is showing signs of maturing into the very special we have been waiting for.

If Bobb is patient and good enough, he will get plenty of game time over the next few years and he may or may not become an important part of the squad.

I can't praise Oscar too highly, he seems to have the lot. Fucking Hell. Hope Pep handles him well and he doesn't fuck off.
Pep knows what he's doing and Oscar is more than happy as of now. Contract negotiations are underway and he's happy with all the chances he's getting. He takes no note of the Norwegian media trying to stir shit up when he doesn't play a game - he wants to stay.

Pep knows what he's doing and Oscar is more than happy as of now. Contract negotiations are underway and he's happy with all the chances he's getting. He takes no note of the Norwegian media trying to stir shit up when he doesn't play a game - he wants to stay.
Hope you're right mate, I don't have inside knowledge like you and I just worry Oscar see's the big success Cole is having at the Chavs, England squad and all that. He's getting a lot of praise.
Makes you think Cole got pissed of and thought to himself "fuck this I'm off, I'm too good for the bench".

I can't praise Oscar too highly, he seems to have the lot. Fucking Hell. Hope Pep handles him well and he doesn't fuck off.

I think Cole got the chances but never took them.

@twosips mentioned something along the lines of Cole was a 1 position player and in his position he was behind Bernardo and Riyad.

But Oscar is like Bernardo.. can play anywhere and put in a solid performance. You can already tell Pep trusts him as he brought him in to change a game against Sheffield United and against Villa.

When did he do that with Cole?

So he's not going to be treated like Cole, but more like Rico and Foden were and although Cole & McAtee & Lavia were ahead of him.. it seems the ones that better fit our team and want to stay are Rico & Bobb.. - fingers crossed!

Hope you're right mate, I don't have inside knowledge like you and I just worry Oscar see's the big success Cole is having at the Chavs, England squad and all that. He's getting a lot of praise.
Makes you think Cole got pissed of and thought to himself "fuck this I'm off, I'm too good for the bench".
This is probably the only time I'll ever be able to share some form of inside knowledge on here, but as of now at least, there is absolutely no cause for concern. He wants to stay.

This is probably the only time I'll ever be able to share some form of inside knowledge on here, but as of now at least, there is absolutely no cause for concern. He wants to stay.
Seems like a smart guy as well then.

The way that he plays and the skills that he has, there's no better place for him to play than here under Pep and with teammates on the same wavelength.

Not worried there's any chance of him leaving at this stage or likely by the end of the season ash he's only just showing signs of breaking through. See how next season goes but we should be getting another season out of him before I'd expect him to start getting itchy feet (but hopefully he cracks it here)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.