52 | Oscar Bobb - 2023/24

Loaning Bobb would be the second dumbest thing Txiki has done, only to signing Phillips.

Loaning Bobb would be the second dumbest thing Txiki has done, only to signing Phillips.
The thing is, next season, he needs to be given a serious bump up in minutes in play time.

I'm saying a proper squad player, he has 800 minutes this season compared to Cole Palmer in the same age bracket getting 3300 minutes.

He is 20, turning 21 soon in July, he is at the age where all that matters is that he gets minutes.

He doesn't need to get 3000 minutes at this stage next season, but he should be getting at minimum (if fit) 1500 minutes (Rico has 1600 right now), and probably somewhere closer to 2000-2500 (Kovacic has 2400, and is the definition of the number of minutes and proper squad player gets).

Anybody fit for the whole season and is a proper starting 11 player (or really close) gets 3000+ minutes.

He doesn't need to get that right away, but he could if he had more opportunities to shine and make us HAVE to play him.

I really hope we don't loan him.

I really really hope Bobb doesn’t go on loan, would love to see him getting more minutes on the right next season, especially if Bernie does exit. I think he’s more versatile than Doku as well.

In order to get him more minutes perhaps the player & his mgt. has to change the narrative about him. Atm many fans & perhaps some people in the coaching staff view him as this young academy lad who can wait for his minutes & can´t be fully trusted. But in reality he`s soon to be 21 years & national team player (for a small country) who plays with the likes of Erling,Odegaard & already earnt a spot as a regular starter. He needs to get minutes asap & not some sub minutes in "garbage time".

Had hope after the Newcastle game but disappointing developement in the 2nd half of the season. The performances of Doku,Grealish,Bernardo or other players weren`t that good to justify these low minutes. Anyway. With the rumoured midfield targets & Savio incoming it doesn`t look promising for next season & he can´t bank on Barca finding some cash for Bernardo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.