52 | Oscar Bobb - 2024/25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of the fan base still thinks of Bobb as a teenager. He’s only a year younger than Joško and Doku. The academy kids seem to be infantilized more than the similar aged transfers and I wonder how that perception affects their playing times
The difference is that Josko and Doku have at least a couple of seasons of senior football behind them. Our academy kids only have fleeting glimpses.

Contraversial opinion.. Doku, Bobb and Savio nail down the wings. Bernardo moves inside to the 8/6 role but Grealish is the odd man out (no hate, just performance)
I think it will be between Doku and Grealish on the left and Bernardo, Bobb and Savio on the right. Bernardo could play more centrally at times (as could Bobb and Grealish possibly) but if Rodri, Kovacic, KDB and Foden are all available, I suspect most of his game time will come from the right. There is McAttee as well if he isn't loaned out.

Plenty of options but whatever 11 is chosen, there are going to be some fine players on the bench. It's going to be difficult to give everybody the playing time that they would like.

I also think Bobb has a higher potential than Phil, that’s not to say Phil isn’t world class because he is, I just feel Bobb does everything so effortlessly, like it comes so easy for him to do it where other players would find the same actions hard to do.
Bobb certainly looks better than Palmer did at the same stage...and he turned out pretty well (though sadly not for us). I think Bobb could be sensational if he continues to develop like he has done so far.

He looks like he has that something special, his preseason has been pretty impressive. But he is still very young so I want him integrated at the right pace. Looking forward to his progression this season

He looks like he has that something special, his preseason has been pretty impressive. But he is still very young so I want him integrated at the right pace. Looking forward to his progression this season
He is 21. Not to really young. Doku is just a year older and Savihno is younger. We are not thinking of slowly integrating those 2 are we?

He is 21. Not to really young. Doku is just a year older and Savihno is younger. We are not thinking of slowly integrating those 2 are we?
Just turned 21, hardly any first team experience, but Dax you have to question everything so you be you and start a discussion where there doesn't need to be one

All players develop differently so comparisons are pointless, depends what Pep thinks. I reckon he'll rotate the 3 of them and then it'd up to the players.

Some people are losing the plot here. Bobb is nowhere close to Fodens talent, and I'm not saying that to shit on Bobb, I think he's sensational and I'm backing him to make a big impact this season but Phil was/is a generational talent.

He was forcing his way into games at 17, games he wasn't physically ready to be a part of but that still didn't stop Pep from slowly integrating him.

I actually think Foden as the shining example to youngsters is a bit of a poison chalice because there isn't anybody close to his level coming through and we'll be lucky if we get another one before Phil retires but with Bobb and Rico Lewis coming through, they're much better examples to the kids they can make it.

They weren’t the obvious standouts talents in the academy but they worked hard, impressed, earned peps trust in training and then perform when given the chance and that's earned them a deserved spot in the greatest squad on the planet, theyre the ones the kids will be looking to replicate.

Contraversial opinion.. Doku, Bobb and Savio nail down the wings. Bernardo moves inside to the 8/6 role but Grealish is the odd man out (no hate, just performance)
Don't see anything controversial in that at all. I think that would be general consensus right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.