52 | Oscar Bobb - 2024/25

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has that KDB killer pass in him. I'd like to see him floating freely around the box to hurt the opposition more, like Messi or David Silva, rather than being fixed on the wing, which is too predictable for marking him and wastes his talent.

Does not stop Bobb having a higher potential.
I also think Bobb has a higher potential than Phil, that’s not to say Phil isn’t world class because he is, I just feel Bobb does everything so effortlessly, like it comes so easy for him to do it where other players would find the same actions hard to do.

Contraversial opinion.. Doku, Bobb and Savio nail down the wings. Bernardo moves inside to the 8/6 role but Grealish is the odd man out (no hate, just performance)
Not that controversial really. It would be exciting to see us play more like the centurion’s season again. If Grealish finds another level again then great. The reality is though he’s head a really good 4 months in 3 seasons now. It culminated in a treble which was no way just down to him or that we were playing the same kind of exciting football that won the domestic treble. Not having a dig at him either.

Last edited:
I think Dortmund are preparing an offer for Bobb

8.3m with 1.7m add ons if City managed to win the treble 3 times in a row

Football is not linear. Take a look at Jack Wilshire and Jamie Vardy.

Not everyone peaks at the same time in their careers!

Indeed.

I still think Phil has a higher ceiling from what I'd seen from both from a young age.

I just think Phil is a special player and always looked it. All we know about Bobb is he's very good with the ball at his feet but plenty are. It's a big leap from that to running games with ability and football intelligence at the top level to win titles like Phil did last season, very few can do that.

It may not be linear, but you can still get a grasp from similar ages how high their ceiling may be most of the time. You can just see when a player is going to be special, and Foden had that. I don't get that same sensation with Bobb. That doesn't mean he isn't very good, he is.

Would have to be mental to loan him. Only really 2 other right sided players assuming Foden plays centrally. One of them is probably going to need time to settle and Bernado should spend plenty of time in the middle this season. It’s already clear to see he offers more of an attacking threat down the right than Bernie. His work rate is shit hot too.
You have to wonder whether Cole Palmer success at Chelsea has helped Pep and the management team take notice of the talent coming out of the Academy. Pep likes to work with small squads and if Bobb and McAtee are being added to the squad then that might explain the minimal transfer activity to date. Or it might just be waiting till the Euros finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.