52 | Oscar Bobb - 2024/25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contraversial opinion.. Doku, Bobb and Savio nail down the wings. Bernardo moves inside to the 8/6 role but Grealish is the odd man out (no hate, just performance)
Out of form last season, sure, so in the worst form of them 4, but in terms of his peak-level, he is the best of them all as it stands. They might (and are likely to) overtake him in the future, though, of course.

All players develop differently so comparisons are pointless, depends what Pep thinks. I reckon he'll rotate the 3 of them and then it'd up to the players.
Agreed. I just feel like we often think City grads are younger than they really are and treat them with kid gloves.

If Bobb played for Hoffenheim or some shot like that, we'd be thinking of paying 80 million to get him. I think he is just that good. And I suspect he and Savihno will permanently move Bernardo to his rightful CM position.

You have to wonder whether Cole Palmer success at Chelsea has helped Pep and the management team take notice of the talent coming out of the Academy. Pep likes to work with small squads and if Bobb and McAtee are being added to the squad then that might explain the minimal transfer activity to date. Or it might just be waiting till the Euros finish.

I think you're on to something here.

Cole never really nailed down a position and he was experimented with on the left to see if he was versatile in the system. But after he left.. Pep would have learned the lessons that kids out of the academy are good enough but the system might need tweaking a bit for them individually.

So Bobb and McAtee will get chances where Palmer would have and it's hard to argue they're not better fits for us.

Agreed. I just feel like we often think City grads are younger than they really are and treat them with kid gloves.

If Bobb played for Hoffenheim or some shot like that, we'd be thinking of paying 80 million to get him. I think he is just that good. And I suspect he and Savihno will permanently move Bernardo to his rightful CM position.
Agree with that, I have a suspicion all this talk of replacing KDB next summer and spending £100 mill on doing it may well become redundant as Foden and Bobb take up that slack with Savio and Doku wide. We may need another body next summer to replace KDB but not a £100 mill one..

I think you're on to something here.

Cole never really nailed down a position and he was experimented with on the left to see if he was versatile in the system. But after he left.. Pep would have learned the lessons that kids out of the academy are good enough but the system might need tweaking a bit for them individually.

So Bobb and McAtee will get chances where Palmer would have and it's hard to argue they're not better fits for us.
All the times I saw Palmer play I was never convinced he was going to make it with us, maybe I was wrong we’ll never know. With Bobb I don’t feel that at all,he looks like a City / Pep player and seems far more aware of what he’s going to do and whats happening around him than Palmer did.

All the times I saw Palmer play I was never convinced he was going to make it with us, maybe I was wrong we’ll never know. With Bobb I don’t feel that at all,he looks like a City / Pep player and seems far more aware of what he’s going to do and whats happening around him than Palmer did.

I felt the same about Palmer. Always thought he played a little slow and sluggish. And often tried to do too much.

Funny, I think if he had stayed with us, he wouldn't have developed as much as he did. He certainly wouldn't have gotten Penalties and free kick duties and he certainly wouldn't have been played through the middle or been made the center piece of the team. (All duties he was allowed assume at Chelsea.)

All that said, even with my lowered value of him, I recognized he has a penchant for scoring goals whenever he played.

I had a slightly inferior Mahrez as his peak for us.

Last edited:
I felt the opposite. In the few opportunities that he got, which were few and far between, he always looked good enough to me. I think about him scoring that casually beautiful goal versus Brugge right after coming on in his CL debut, his goal in the Community Shield, his MOTM performance in the Super Cup, etc., and that's just off the top of my head.

I felt the opposite. In the few opportunities that he got, which were few and far between, he always looked good enough to me. I think about him scoring that casually beautiful goal versus Brugge right after coming on in his CL debut, his goal in the Community Shield, his MOTM performance in the Super Cup, etc., and that's just off the top of my head.
Not denying he was very good and did some great things, never thought his decision making for a Pep team was good enough, or that he fully understood what was required of him. Just an opinion, and I don’t see those things with Bobb and think he has a higher ceiling as a City player at least. Maybe over simply but those assists last week for Perrone and Haaland, I don’t think Palmer sees those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.