52 | Oscar Bobb - 2024/25

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is interesting about Bobb is that he was the best player in the academy, winning player of the season twice and contributing goals and assists regularly. He is a G/A threat constantly, and if you have that on both wings it is very, very difficult to park the bus successfully. The difference, IMO, to the Sane/Sterling combination, is that both Oscar and Doku are not solely reliant on pace - if there is no room in behind, you must have more - and they can beat players and deliver for fun in the small spaces that exist against packed defences. I make no apology for long-recognising him as the best academy player bar Phil that I have seen. I hope that my opinion comes to fruition because we will have one hell of a player. I certainly hope that he gets his chance because I believe that he will be more of a threat than Bernardo on the right-wing, and Bernardo is better in the middle than he is on the outside, IMO.

PS. Sane and Sterling were great, but we did not face the same kind of defensive set-ups back then that we do now, at least not so consistently.

Last edited:
Didn't watch the friendlies, but watching his play last year, yeah, I've reassessed. he's ready for an incredible year. His balance when taking on players is perfect. I get (left footed) Iniesta vibes.

What is interesting about Bobb is that he was the best player in the academy, winning player of the season twice and contributing goals and assists regularly. He is a G/A threat constantly, and if you have that on both wings it is very, very difficult to park the bus successfully. The difference, IMO, to the Sane/Sterling combination, is that both Oscar and Doku are not solely reliant on pace - if there is no room in behind you must have more - and they can beat players and deliver for fun, in the small spaces that exist against packed defences. I make no apology for long-recognising him as the best academy player bar Phil that I have seen. I hope that my opinion comes to fruition because we will have one hell of a player. I certainly hope that he gets his chance because I believe that he will be more of a threat than Bernardo on the right-wing, and Bernardo in the middle than he is on the outside.

PS. Sane and Sterling were great, but we did not face the same kind of defensive set-ups back then that we do now, at least not so consistently.
Bobbs USP is not pace. Oscar has quicker feet than Kingkladze.

He's always a threat when he gets the ball and his feet and movement is top class. His goal yesterday was superb.
He's already an important part of our squad but he looks like he's going to be a great player for us.

His goal yesterday reminded me of Bernado's in the derby in 2018/19 (crucial late season game when we were chasing down the Scousers). Cut inside and very quick shot catching the goalie out at the near post.

Bobbs USP is not pace. Oscar has quicker feet than Kingkladze.
Indeed, that is what I said!
Oscar is not solely reliant on pace. He can beat a man in tight spaces and deliver killer passes, or score himself, as he has shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.