52 | Oscar Bobb - 2024/25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's only pre-season, but that RW spot should be his until he loses it. He's such a great player.
Well he is definitely starting the season there as he’s the only right winger that has had a pre-season. So he has the opportunity. I desperately want him to take it. He’ll eventually be competing with Savinho, Bernardo, Foden, Doku… so it’s not easy. But he has a head start for the first 3 or 4 weeks.

Obviously only pre season but brilliant again from bobb. Full of confidence heading into the season where hes almost certain to start at RW for the first few weeks. Hopefully takes his chance and we see a lot more of him. Serious talent

Well he is definitely starting the season there as he’s the only right winger that has had a pre-season. So he has the opportunity. I desperately want him to take it. He’ll eventually be competing with Savinho, Bernardo, Foden, Doku… so it’s not easy. But he has a head start for the first 3 or 4 weeks.
Don’t think he’ll be competing with Doku who is more or less a left sided winger, Bobb plays centrally or right side for me, Bernardo and Foden is who he’s competing with, love Bernardo but Bobb is ahead of him atm.

I think it's because on the surface City have got a fantastic team full of class players that it's difficult to see a pathway into the team for talented youngsters. Please don't kill me but I was one of those people who used to say Foden needs to either leave or go on loan for his own good because City had KDB and both Silvas ahead of him at one point, but Pep and Foden proved I completely underestimated City's ability to integrate their youth prospects. Bobb appears to be on that wonderkid level of prospect, so I have no doubts he'll find his way into the starting line up sooner rather than later, and his obstacles are way less daunting than what Foden had to fight through.

At United, if you're half decent you're straight into the first team, as proven by Mainoo. Foden had to work extremely hard for his chances, Mainoo was thrown straight in there.

Foden going out on loan was not a ridiculous statement at the time and it’s possible he would have developed at the same rate.

The only thing I would say about Foden is he strikes me as the type of lad to enjoy his home comforts, likes a settled life, likes familiarity and same friends/family around him. Hence I think it was the best place at City for him to develop.

Complete contrast to someone like, say Sancho/Palmer who are a bit more cocky, extroverted as a person so the upheaval would be less impacting.

Watching Bobb develop this year is the thing I am
most looking forward to this season.
The time he had on the pitch last season has done wonders for him. He's one of the most technically gifted to come out of the EDS. The goal last night was classic twinkle toe-ery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.