6% increase

Damocles said:
cleavers said:
Prices going up ? no nay never, thought it was going to be £5 each according to some (many in fact) <- (slightly tongue in cheek before I get attacked).

Top football = top prices, anyone thinking otherwise was niaive.

My point was that people have been saying that our owner was just here to thank us for our support, and would never increase prices, and in fact would reduce them considerably to look after the good folk of Manchester, but I've said a number of times that they would increase prices as we improved as a club, as that is what football clubs do. Annoyingly we've still won fuck all, and already we are being charged more for success.

However our owner didn't buy the club to be benevolent towards long standing blues, he bought it to make money. I never doubted this price rise would happen (a little surprised its so soon though), and I have said so a number of times on her, only to be mocked by the "know betters" (not arsed about that to be honest, and certainly not gloating, as I'm as f**ked off as the next person), however while this 6% increase looks bad enough on its own (being nearly 3 times inflation), in real terms its a lot worse, because all the relocations actually mean that many more seats will cost a lot more.

Welcome to the real world (sadly).

I will temper all that by saying I think this "news" was deliberately put out there to gauge the general reaction, well City here it is, and its not very popular, especially given the other uncertainties there are, re players and managers, in fact as own goals go, it could be one of City's best yet.

Idiotic in my view, but I'm only a supporter.

If they started by evicting the cheating bastards who sit in front of me in the 2nd tier of the North Stand it would help. About 8 blokes all well over 21. Only ever 1 child amongst them. Tell me how that works. Kick them out to other areas of the ground and make them pay full whack!!

Rant over.

Just feel energies should be spent on these areas before alienating thousands.

this is my opinion on what they should do
Any one under 18 the price £150 sitting anywhere
18-21 oap disabled £250 sitting anywhere
21 and over full whack

BLUEMOONBAZ said:
pbibs said:
Surely then at that point they are not kids. However, the people on here that envisage the club moving all the chidren to the north stand and then when then turn 16 kicking them out of the ground if we are at capacity or moving them if we are not at capacity are very reactionary and childlike themselves.

so where do the new non kids and familys move to ?
as we hope hope the club has moved forward and s/t are taken up
????

Who has said they have to move. This is supposition and obviously if the ground is full they cant move anywhere. It seems obvious to me that this is a short term measure. It would obviously be unworkable to split families up as children reached 16. Again, I would say that people are over reacting. Can you honestly see that if the ground was at capacity that those reaching 16 in the family stand would be evicted. I dont think so.

felixbg said:
the problem is that we have had it too good for the last few seasons. £95 for kids anywhere in the ground is ridiculous.

Correct. This will all sink in over the next few weeks and everyone will gain some perspective.

The club will still do us a good deal in the home cup games and we will be watching one of if not the most expensively assembled team on the planet (and hopefully one which might win a few trophies over the coming years).

This has just been a bit of a shocker and is one of the problems with the secretive nature of the clubs plans. They will provide us with more good surprises than bad though I am positive.

pbibs said:
BLUEMOONBAZ said:
so where do the new non kids and familys move to ?
as we hope hope the club has moved forward and s/t are taken up
????

Who has said they have to move. This is supposition and obviously if the ground is full they cant move anywhere. It seems obvious to me that this is a short term measure. It would obviously be unworkable to split families up as children reached 16. Again, I would say that people are over reacting. Can you honestly see that if the ground was at capacity that those reaching 16 in the family stand would be evicted. I dont think so.

They may have to move to third tier which would be just as bad for me.

I completed the fans survey, but that could not have been much more than 2 - 3 weeks ago. So, if the club have truly taken account of my view, they have managed to make these sweeping changes without any real pause-for-thought.
If the club really wanted the organisation and pricing policy to reflect the view of fans, surely this survey would have been conducted at a much earlier juncture, thus allowing time to respond in a more measured fashion?

However, if you have, in principle, formulated some radical and unpopular changes to the matchday organisation, why not conduct a judiciously loaded survey to make it appear that you are giving people what they want?

Immaculate Pasta said:
pbibs said:
Do you really think we are going to start a new trend of evicting fans when they get to sixteen. Are you for real or just another reactionary fool. Please reply. DO YOU REALLY THINK WE WILL EVICT FANS AT SIXTEEN? LOL

Where do you suggest they go then if all other areas of filled up? On the roof?

So you do think the club will evict them then. Are you serious? Is that what you are saying?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.