6% increase

Firstly, I've not read all the posts, as I just can't be arsed going through 44 pages! I'm not a season ticket holder (still can't say Season Card, as I'm just too old), but was for a good few years in the Premier League, 1st Div, 2nd Div, back up to 1st Div then Premier League again. Had to give it up as I moved south on a posting, and could only get to a couple of games a year. Yes, I know plenty of people travel to the games every weekend from down south, but I suppose I'm just not that committed.

The price hike shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I know our owners are minted, but it's still a business. The more we pay the players, the bigger names we get in mean that people going week in week out will have to pay more. You'll just have to believe that it will get better (football and trophies, not prices!). I am considering buying again now, as I should be moving back up North in the next couple of years, and actually believe that I won't be able to get one in 2012/2013 due to our success. So I'm thinking of buying now and letting my brother have it for two seasons.....nothing to do with glory hunting, just the knowledge that we're on the right track, and with success we'll get more people through the turnstiles.

Not had chance to look through this all but prices are still some of the cheapest in the league. I appreciate some people will have to move but surely the club are doing this for a reason !!!

OxBlue said:
blue John said:
Can I still read my book and will you pick me up on the way to the game (live not far from you)

Books are OK, but no Ipods, PSP's, Tablets, Brain trainers, Mobile phones that do anything other than make calls....that sort of stuff should stay with the kids in the North Stand (;-)

The day I can't take tablets at the game is the day I stop going.

moomba said:
Any detail on Colin Bell Level 2 yet? (I'm at work so haven't been able to check the whole thread...yet).

Slightly worried about the cost, I'm happy there and would rather not move.

Prices are £535, £550 and £575 depending on which block you are in. The season after is when it will become more expensive

OxBlue said:
blue John said:
Can I still read my book and will you pick me up on the way to the game (live not far from you)

Books are OK, but no Ipods, PSP's, Tablets, Brain trainers, Mobile phones that do anything other than make calls....that sort of stuff should stay with the kids in the North Stand (;-)
Just changed my phone to one that only makes calls (£9.99) never knew how to work the one Mrs Blue John gave me

Failsworth_Blue said:
moomba said:
Any detail on Colin Bell Level 2 yet? (I'm at work so haven't been able to check the whole thread...yet).

Slightly worried about the cost, I'm happy there and would rather not move.

Prices are £535, £550 and £575 depending on which block you are in. The season after is when it will become more expensive

Cheers, not sure how much demand there is in that area for "corporate like" facilities, hopefully when that increase comes in it won't be too harsh.

bluwes said:
BLUEMOONBAZ said:
Well iam glad its not £190 for kids non ss tickets , but the same argument applies what happens to the exisiting s/t familys and kids when they reach 16 in the new family stand ? ..and there are no other places avail in the stadium ?

The same that has ALWAYS happened, you have to move out of the Family Stand.

Yes .. but where to ?? .. if as anticipated we are in chumps or better players /cups the s/t will soon disappear.. then what ??
ie . no seats to move to.
or fragmented familys all over the staduim if there lucky

Ricster said:
chesterguy said:
For those stating that those of us in the North stand should read this before calling us bitter...........there are some selfish idiots on here. And for thise saying that if I am considering not renewing because of this as good their are others who would have my ticket just think a second. Where were these people when I was paying for my season ticket when we were in the 2nd division.

I have supported this club for many years and just when I am starting to see the club I support become a dominant force due to the marketing people of the club I may not be there to see it is one that is a hard pill to swallow

CG, is it the price of the ticket that you cant afford?

If so, make sacrifice's in other area's.

For example, i dont go out anymore on a saturday night and have been saving like mad for not just my season ticket, but also Europe too. I have a friend who cancelled Setanta and his movie package off sky early last year so he could go to more games via a City card.

Its about prioritising to make sure you can afford what is more important to you.

Im sorry to the people that are being made to move, as most of the crap that came out my mouth wasn't aimed at you, but largely to the one's that were using the 'we're in a recession' excuse on the ticket price rise.
But my belief is that this is a fuck up of the old regime, not this one.

Ricster for me Im lucky it isnt about the money but I am thinking there will be many where it will be an issue.

No my gripe is that the club is unneccessarily moving 2 types of supporters those
a)with kids who dont currently sit in the North stand but have to move because they cannot afford to pay the increase in kids prices in other parts of the stadium
b)those of us in the North stand who dont have kids

Now both those groups have had plenty of opportunity to move in the past but have chosen not to as they like being where they are the club is now forcing this change.

The scenario could be faced that those witha 15 yyear old choose due to the pricing policy. What happens next year when the child is over 16 do they have to move again surely that cannot be right

just got the link to the prices ,not as bad as i thought even with my 15 year old paying another 45 quid , the increase for the three of us is only 20 quid so i am happy with that .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.