6% increase

If you work out what we pay Vieira till the end of the season you could fill 6% of the ground in season ticket prices.

The increase is because of Vieira.

Blame Vieira

In a couple of years time, the new UEFA rules will mean that our spending will be linked to our income and consequently the owners have to ensure that prices are 'in line', because gate receipts are still a major element of income. Prices were discounted last year to take account of the huge financial difficulties the Country was in - the owners did this despite hosing money on the team.

They will spend heavily again in the Summer and probably bring more of the World's best footballing talent to our doorstep. They are improving facilities and more than likely turning the club into a trophy winning leviathan. All of this and still holding prices at the 08/09 levels, which, whilst 6% higher than this season, still seems reasonable by comparison to other Clubs.

To suggest, as some have in this thread, that we might me turning into another Utd etc is ridiculous. As far as gates dropping etc on the back of a 6% increase is unlikely - those who fall away will be replaced by two others if the likes of Torres etc are playing for us and we are challenging to win things.

BLUEMOONBAZ said:
bluwes said:
The same that has ALWAYS happened, you have to move out of the Family Stand.

Yes .. but where to ?? .. if as anticipated we are in chumps or better players /cups the s/t will soon disappear.. then what ??
ie . no seats to move to.
or fragmented familys all over the staduim if there lucky

What on earth are you going on about?

The issue for me is that my 11 year old son's ticket goes from £95 to £140, an increase of 47%, unless we move to the north stand. Why should he after 4 years, and me after 12 years in the same seat, including the Kippax, and a total of 44 years as a season ticket holder? Shoddy treatment City.

Bluemoon could offer a way out of the problem for those in the North Stand that don't have kids. I believe you're allowed to be part of a larger group that does include kids (I think you have to have something like 2 kids and 7 adults in a group).

If anyone on Bluemoon has young kids, they could offer to be part of such a group with people who haven't got kids and don't want to move.

Or you could do what a friend of mine does and take someone else's kid. The kid wants to go to the games but the parents (who he's obviously friendly with) don't so he takes the kid.

You just need to be a little bit creative instead of whingeing.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Bluemoon could offer a way out of the problem for those in the North Stand that don't have kids. I believe you're allowed to be part of a larger group that does include kids (I think you have to have something like 2 kids and 7 adults in a group).

If anyone on Bluemoon has young kids, they could offer to be part of such a group with people who haven't got kids and don't want to move.

Or you could do what a friend of mine does and take someone else's kid. The kid wants to go to the games but the parents (who he's obviously friendly with) don't so he takes the kid.

You just need to be a little bit creative instead of whingeing.
There is a lad about 9 years old sits next to me at games with his mum and dad has done for 3 seasons and now I have to move this is not right (you have got me thinking now)

i sit in north stand and paid £365 last season if i move will i have to pay a lot more? have me and my bro got to move ?

For once and for all its not about a 6% rise.

I am in the North Stand and paid £369 last year. This year I have to move from the North Stand and if I moved to the Est Stand I would be expected to pay on average £500 an increase of 36%........thats the first thing

The second thing is I dont want to move. I was a season ticket holder at Platt Lane and have always been behind the goal. When I moved to CoMS i was given the choice where to sit and chose

Now the club is forcing me to move for no good reason that I can see.

To those who are saying dont worry about those of who dont renew there will be others to replace us if we sign the likes of Torres etc where were these fans when I was watching City in the 2nd division. Where we they when I was nearly on my own in the Carling Cup this season and last. These are precisely the plastic fans that we all said we hoped wouldnt come to CoMS well it would seem they are on their way

Royaloak said:
In a couple of years time, the new UEFA rules will mean that our spending will be linked to our income and consequently the owners have to ensure that prices are 'in line', because gate receipts are still a major element of income. Prices were discounted last year to take account of the huge financial difficulties the Country was in - the owners did this despite hosing money on the team.

They will spend heavily again in the Summer and probably bring more of the World's best footballing talent to our doorstep. They are improving facilities and more than likely turning the club into a trophy winning leviathan. All of this and still holding prices at the 08/09 levels, which, whilst 6% higher than this season, still seems reasonable by comparison to other Clubs.

Correct that man. As a business City have to been seen(Platini) to be self financing. I think most people can and will accept a 6% rise.

The issue that most people have is being forced to relocate from the NSL and having to pay and extra £100 for a seat in another part of the stadium on top of the 6%.

One thing this has possibly indicated.

No redevelopment/expansion anytime soon, certainly not the supposed North Stand additional tier.

Why go to the trouble of making the North a designated area for families and kids, if you are planning to remodel it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.