6 | Nathan Ake - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been superb, and that combination with Grealish is a tough one to beat.

When this lad was bought by Bournemouth for 25m I nearly choked, when city bought for 40m (?) I shook my head. But there's a really fantastic defender there, extremely good at his job, I've been completely taken aback by this season.

Excellent again. Ake has probably been one of our most consistent and stellar performers this season.

Having a great season. I think similar to Jack, they both now feel they truly belong here at last.

I personally cannot see how we could want anything but Ake on the left side of defence. This season has been the soundest I think I've ever seen of anyone playing for us in that position (since '93). 100% commitment every game. Clearly a smart chap and coming on well in the attacking department. That ball for Haaland in the first half. He is undroppable. I also think Akanji can do the same job on the other side of Dias. His recovery pace is quite something. Full-backs, who needs them! Love seeing KDB, Gundo, Berny in the engine room and Stones moving up from the back let's them all do their stuff

Superb again. Works so hard, is incredibly disciplined and his ability on the ball is improving game by game. As others have said, it was a quality ball over for Haaland and nearly led to a goal. That's a ball that will always be on if we're willing to play it occasionally. Simply can't be dropped at the moment.

I always knew he is an above-average defender and that he would improve with the number of games and become the top one. But his improvement in the attacking phase of the game on the left side is astonishing. Crazy what Pep can achieve with a player if he takes it onboard.

40m was such a bargain considering the outrageous numbers being paid/thrown around for defenders these days, remember it raising a few eyebrows at the time considering he came from a relegated club, but in hindsight we pulled a blinder with him.

Contender for player of the season at the moment for me, think he'd be a clear favourite too if it wasn't for the robot up top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.