6 | Nathan Ake - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defenders compared: Just wanted to evidence that he has improved his attacking game.

Progressive carries per 90:
Stones 1.49
Ake 1.25
Akanji 1.10
Dias 0.53

Progressive passes per 90:
Ake 6.73
Stones 5.46
Dias 4.87
Akanji 4.64

Key Passes:
Ake 0.48
Stones 0.43
Akanji 0.28
Dias 0.13

Shot Creating Actions:
Ake 1.19
Akanji 1.05
Stones 0.85
Dias 0.79

Penalty area touches:
Ake 1.61
Akanji 1.33
Dias 1.32
Stones 1.28

Probably the most liked player by Pep and the dressing room. His attitude is commendable and speaks volumes. Doesn’t kick up a fuss when not playing (Cancelo) will always wait for his chance.

Has improved significantly both defensively and offensively , better on the ball and 1 vs 1. The only player I’ve seen to completely pocket Saka this year. So glad we never sold him. I never quite expected this from Ake - I always knew we saw a good , solid defender but never thought he would reach this level.

The fact we is playing so well makes me feel ok if we don’t sign a left-back as he has earned my trust. I also have faith in Gomez if we need a bir of attacking flair down that left hand side. I notice particularly with Grealish thought that Ake links up very well with him which wasn’t so much the case with Grealish and Cancelo.

Get that new contract sorted right away. Should be a nailed on starter now and for the foreseeable.

In regards to our defence in happy with any of: Ake - Dias - Stones - Walker
Ake - Dias - Akanji - Stones
Ake - Dias - Stones - Lewis
Ake - Dias - Akanji - Lewis

Obviously Laporte can slot into any spot - but he’s fell down the pecking order recently.

Most improved player this season, arguably our best defender. From what I know ( I live in Bournemouth but don’t support them as a lifelong City fan) he was one of the most popular players in the dressing room and for Bournemouth fans when he played for them.

Defenders compared: Just wanted to evidence that he has improved his attacking game.

Progressive carries per 90:
Stones 1.49
Ake 1.25
Akanji 1.10
Dias 0.53

Progressive passes per 90:
Ake 6.73
Stones 5.46
Dias 4.87
Akanji 4.64

Key Passes:
Ake 0.48
Stones 0.43
Akanji 0.28
Dias 0.13

Shot Creating Actions:
Ake 1.19
Akanji 1.05
Stones 0.85
Dias 0.79

Penalty area touches:
Ake 1.61
Akanji 1.33
Dias 1.32
Stones 1.28
Goals this international break:
Ake 2
Akanji 0
Dias 0
Laporte 0
Stones 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.