6 | Nathan Ake - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
couldn’t be more pleased as to how the season is going for him and I think unless he wants to leave he’s guaranteed his spot for next year. Couldn’t have happened to a better guy by all accounts either with the way he behaved when out of the team and how likeable he is in the dressing room.

If you compare the amount of goals in football in the current age to previous eras, I think we are seeing alot more goals lately.

The trend has been to have in the last 15 years, attacking fullbacks.

But with the goal scoring trend also going up, I think it's actually smarter to have defensive fullbacks, and as you said, let the midfield and forwards combine to make the goals.

I think there is no coincidence Pep has gone with 4 CBs in a back 4 with Stones inverting excellently, as this also has the added benefit of be better at defending AND attacking set pieces as well.

Remember when centre backs were hulking harem-scarem bastards?

I’m trying (with some difficulty) to imagine Pep converting a George Heslop or a Jack Charlton into a silky full back.

Remember when centre backs were hulking harem-scarem bastards?

I’m trying (with some difficulty) to imagine Pep converting a George Heslop or a Jack Charlton into a silky full back.
He'd be more likely to drop them altogether and have Summerbee, Bell and Kidd as the centre backs in a back 3.

He's having a great season and seems a great bloke, and a top professional.
He is still very popular among Bournemouth fans, they understood why he left when they got relegated but didn’t expect him to get much game time. His loyalty to City despite a difficult first 18 months has paid off, and he is a much better player for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.