7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Milan have theo Hernandez who would appear better than cancelo. Unless the plan was to play him rb. From memory they have Dest atm but only on loan.

It’s odd that generally as a fanbase we don’t rate Cancelo highly, despite amongst the media and fans he’s rated as one of the best fullbacks in the world.

I wonder if Real would be keen as the fans don’t seem convinced about Mendy.

I think a natural overlapping fullback would do us the world of good. Then depending on the game can rotate with Ake.

I think a natural overlapping fullback would do us the world of good. Then depending on the game can rotate with Ake
Mendy is not an overlapping LB. He also has some very serious allegations against him

I know Milan have theo Hernandez who would appear better than cancelo. Unless the plan was to play him rb. From memory they have Dest atm but only on loan.

It’s odd that generally as a fanbase we don’t rate Cancelo highly, despite amongst the media and fans he’s rated as one of the best fullbacks in the world.

I think a natural overlapping fullback would do us the world of good. Then depending on the game can rotate with Ake.

As a fan base we see Cancelo week in week out, defensively he is a liability. That goal we conceded at Anfield in October was horrific and demonstrates his ability not to do the basics. How many times has he played hospital passes that the opposition pick up and then try countering us?

It’s noticeable the uptick in Grealish’s form since Cancelo hasn’t started. They end up going into the same positions as their natural instinct is to come inside. If he wants out hopefully we could recoup most of the money we paid for him and look at recruiting a proper left back that can overlap and give us width.

Really shame how he behaves right now, I hoped hes better than this, many times defended his mistakes as it happens to many and particularly to a full back with such great offensive output at times.

The red line is impatient and anger as your response to a bench period though, especially when its more than justified. I thought he must have identified and understands that he need to improve since being dropped for Dalot for Portugal. Apparently his line of thinking is somewhat different.

"despite amongst the media and fans he’s rated as one of the best fullbacks in the world."

The same media that portray us as some sort of evil empire?

Cancelo is a full back that can't defend, so not sure how ANYONE can say he is world class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.