7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually have some sympathy for him. I very much doubt that when he signed he was told the truth - that he'd be spending the vast majority of his minutes on the left. We haven't really seen the best of him because he's usually been on his weaker side.
He knew he was fighting with one of the best in the world in the same position. He carved out the chance to play on the left and has received numerous personal accolades as well as the team winning trophies so can't really say things have gone badly.

When we signed him there were conversations around why he only spent a few years at one club despite all the talent. Its just who he is it seems.

He knew he was fighting with one of the best in the world in the same position. He carved out the chance to play on the left and has received numerous personal accolades as well as the team winning trophies so can't really say things have gone badly.

When we signed him there were conversations around why he only spent a few years at one club despite all the talent. Its just who he is it seems.

He is a good attacking full back but it seems that he has not bonded with any of our wingers.

No chemistry between him and Phil. Jack seems to be better with Ake. Riyad better with Lewis or Walker...

He is a good attacking full back but it seems that he has not bonded with any of our wingers.

No chemistry between him and Phil. Jack seems to be better with Ake. Riyad better with Lewis or Walker...
Yeah, could be a personal thing or just that as you say he has so much attacking ability himself he just takes it on. Walker and Lewis have their own particular skills but neither of them are capable of that trivela pass to Haaland against Dortmund for example. Not many in the world are.

There's very likely to be a clear out in the next few months and I'm pretty sure Joao will be part of it.
Been some good moments with him but time to part the ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.