7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely not arsed if he goes.

World class for 2 months of the season when he's up for it and a liability when he's not.

Felt like the whole time he's been at City you don't know if he's coming or going. It's a shame because at his best he is an elite player, I just don't think he will ever show it over a season.

I'm sure there will be a number of clubs that would take a punt on him. Get a decent fee and invest it in a proper starting LB (how many times have we said this before?) instead of a 'versatile' player that can do a job there.

Rico's breakthrough this season has solved a potential headache. Walker I think still has a season or two in him and his experience alone makes it worth keeping him around. I think the RB situation will be fine for the time being.

At LB, I'm still not convinced by Gomez, but Ake's been decent enough there, so I think we can get away with signing one LB - but they need to fix this issue that we've seemingly had for the last 6 seasons now and sign someone that's starting quality and a natural LB (which admittedly does feel like a challenge given the market).

Last edited:
Not if he has turned on us first! Works both ways. I can appreciate what a player has done for us in the past but I am not going to let on these things don’t happen. I would prefer Cancelo on the pitch performing at a high standard. Pep has told the world he is having to deal with players attitudes.

Fine line, how long do you ignore the current performances because he was great at times in the past? Same with Bernardo.

Hopefully it’s a storm in a teacup and nothing more.

Does Bernardo now live with cancelo? Hopefully cancelos attitude doesn't turn Bernardo the same way.

In the summer I predicted he'd demand a move in January, but thought it was because Cucurella would bench him and he didn't want to fight for his place, not Aké.

How would anyone know who he’s on the phone to hahah. Could have just been trying to reschedule an asda delivery

He was loved for his passionate celebrations and kissing the badge not long back ffs.

How would anyone know who he’s on the phone to hahah. Could have just been trying to reschedule an asda delivery

He was loved for his passionate celebrations and kissing the badge not long back ffs.
Telepathy mate. I thought all Mancunians were psychic, or is that just Daphne Moon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.