7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt Cancelo would even make the bench if there was any serious lack of professionalism on his part. As for people eager to sell him. Who can we get that is better? There isn't exactly an abundance of top quality right- or left-backs.

I actually have some sympathy for him. I very much doubt that when he signed he was told the truth - that he'd be spending the vast majority of his minutes on the left. We haven't really seen the best of him because he's usually been on his weaker side.

He signed his new contract having mostly played on the left.

I don't really understand how this situation happened.

Cancelo was in the tunnel on the phone to his agent, right?

I know we see players often wandering around the pitch with headphones on etc, so it was at this point it happened, maybe because Pep told him 30mins before hes not starting?

It can't have happened before the warmup, after the warmup or during the game.

I would doubt he walked off at 90mins, went to the dressing room and got his phone and started talking whilst theres near 100 people wandering around the tunnel after the game etc. Those conversations happen in private. If Jorge Mendes was in the building, he definitely wouldn't have been allowed pitchside.

Difficult to doubt someone who is posting in good faith but just seems odd.

It doesn't take much for us to turn on one of our own, does it!
Not if he has turned on us first! Works both ways. I can appreciate what a player has done for us in the past but I am not going to let on these things don’t happen. I would prefer Cancelo on the pitch performing at a high standard. Pep has told the world he is having to deal with players attitudes.

Fine line, how long do you ignore the current performances because he was great at times in the past? Same with Bernardo.

Hopefully it’s a storm in a teacup and nothing more.

I don't really understand how this situation happened.

Cancelo was in the tunnel on the phone to his agent, right?

I know we see players often wandering around the pitch with headphones on etc, so it was at this point it happened, maybe because Pep told him 30mins before hes not starting?

It can't have happened before the warmup, after the warmup or during the game.

I would doubt he walked off at 90mins, went to the dressing room and got his phone and started talking whilst theres near 100 people wandering around the tunnel after the game etc. Those conversations happen in private. If Jorge Mendes was in the building, he definitely wouldn't have been allowed pitchside.

Difficult to doubt someone who is posting in good faith but just seems odd.
The original poster said it very clear it was "before the game yesterday".

Although I don't buy this story 100%. But I cannot see why it cannot be.

Perhaps Pep or someone else said something before the match in the dressing room triggered him, praising Ake for example.

It would certainly tie in with Pep`s comments in the last couple of weeks and i think its fair to say that Cancelo can be a moody bastard so there probably something in this and @mattyb has been extremely reliable in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.