7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not even about squad harmony.It’s about being ruthless, killer mentality. It’s about sending a message.
Not just to our players, but the rest of the league.

I think this is the catalyst that wins us the title this year. I’m happy actually with this news. It means our club is being run like how I’d run it.

A player wants out, fuck em. Get rid.

He looked a really competent footballer at the world cup. Always 1st to the ball, strong, good distribution.

Unless being taken for a walk by Messi ;)

To be fair, he has taken everybody for a walk.

He's absolutely perfect for us in terms of age, talent and ability to play centre back and left-back with ease.

Not this fucking shit again !!
FFS HE WANTED TO GO HE WASN`T PUSHED.
Hindsight is 20:20 but if he wanted to leave for more playing time, it'd be hard to say he wouldn't get it now. And I doubt Cancelo turns into locker room cancer overnight, the signs had to be there before.

Zin isn't necessarily the long term answer to our fullback woes but he was a positive presence in the locker room, knew the system, and was plenty reliable.

Would we be improved if we'd sold Cancelo for more money to a non-title challenger instead of shipping Zin to the Arse, I think so. But hindsight is 20:20 so, if we did, we'd all be watching him kick on at Real or Bayern and say we did horrible business.

Cancelo as good as he has been has been a sticking plaster at left back. His first instinct is to take a touch and come inside, when we are trying to find service for a player like Haaland it doesn’t work. We need someone who will get beyond Grealish and create space on the outside and also get a ball in, keep saying it’s no coincidence Grealish has played better since Cancelo has been benched as they end up running into the same areas.

If we have to get through with Ake till June to sign someone decent so be it. The club should have paid what Brighton wanted for Cucurella in the summer, I bet he’s kicking himself too finding himself in the shit show which Chelsea are in at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.