7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have happily driven him to Chelsea for free in the summer but fair play to the guy, he has had a magnificent season, much improved and now one of the first names on the team sheet.

Incredible turn around.

Whereas I predicted he would become a fan’s favourite;)

Never liked Cancelo and happy he’s off.

Two players with completely opposite attitudes

Hindsight is 20:20 but if he wanted to leave for more playing time, it'd be hard to say he wouldn't get it now. And I doubt Cancelo turns into locker room cancer overnight, the signs had to be there before.

Zin isn't necessarily the long term answer to our fullback woes but he was a positive presence in the locker room, knew the system, and was plenty reliable.

Would we be improved if we'd sold Cancelo for more money to a non-title challenger instead of shipping Zin to the Arse, I think so. But hindsight is 20:20 so, if we did, we'd all be watching him kick on at Real or Bayern and say we did horrible business.
Pep asked him to stay but he couldn`t guarantee him more playing time, hence his decision to leave.Lets be honest he wasn`t a full back and yes he was shoe horned into that position by Pep. It was a good move for the lad, but if your hearts not in a club due to circumstances then theres only one option left ... a move.

As the saying goes "you're only as good as your last game" Cancelo been no where near good enough this season and he even lost his place in the Portugal team at the world cup to the Rag Dalot

Add to that he's a stroppy moody twat when it's not going his way and that all adds up to a resounding "good bye"

Pep knows what he's doing and for me the timing of this proves Cancelo is disruptive and Peps not having any of it

I trust Pep 100%, I can't say the same about Cancelo

Unless being taken for a walk by Messi ;)

To be fair, he has taken everybody for a walk.

He's absolutely perfect for us in terms of age, talent and ability to play centre back and left-back with ease.
OK approved. Get it done please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.