7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember Pep's first action when he arrived here, kicked a legend in Joe Hart out of the building, that action gave him instant respect in the dressing room.

Dissent can't be allowed in any workplace, however valuable or talented the employee is.
Not just Hart who was also a Locker Room Lawyer, he targeted Yaya too which was seismic!

He first dropped him, then made him train with the kids & told him he wouldn't play for City again until he apologised to the club.

Tackling Yaya & Hart, & telling Aguero he had to change the way he trained & played, set the tone for his tenure & we haven't looked back.

Cancelo is just another in a long line of Superstar players to have fucked about with Pep, who quickly found out the severe consequences...

I would have happily driven him to Chelsea for free in the summer but fair play to the guy, he has had a magnificent season, much improved and now one of the first names on the team sheet.

Incredible turn around.
Always rated him from his chelsea youth days and was not fond of the idea of selling him, he is a better defender than laporte and could always opperate as a LCB LB and part of a back 3, along side stones our best technical passing defender and solid in the air.

too many saw a lad from bournemouth and wrote him off early in my opinion

Last edited:
There is deffo something not right in the dressing room , that much is obvious now , the World Cup is to blame , adapting to Haaland was another , the same intensity isn’t there , we’ve become a second half team with Pep having to go all hairdryer at half time , maybe Cancelo is the fall guy in going to the press about it , because let’s have it right - he’s not the only one out of form is he ? I’ll back Pep over ANY player tbh , no matter how good they think they are , going to the press just isn’t right and deserve to be packed off, we’ve laughed at the dressing room stories coming out of old toilet , it’s not something that should happen at a serial winning club like ours, Pep has put a marker down here , if you don’t like it I’ll get rid of you , and good for him I say.

Yes I know about the fee but he declared he wanted to join City above anyone else and the next day switched to Chelsea.

City spent a long time chasing the deal no doubt based on commitment from the player.
I agree with most of your post but he went to Chelsea as City told him they were not prepared to pay that amount.He didn`t shit on us, as we ended the situation and as much as I wanted to see him in sky blue shirt then I backed City who decided otherwise.

Always rated him from his chelasea youth days and was not fond of the idea of selling him, he is a better defender than laporte and cpuld always opperate as a LCB LB and part of a back 3, along side stones our best technical passin defender and solid in the air.

too many saw a lad from bournemouth and wrote him off early in my opinion
I always though he was ordinary with a far too easy go attitude, in that I was wrong, he is very focused and clearly has a winning mentality, seems to becoming a leader in the dressing room to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.