7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys watch Cancelo all the time so I don’t know what his form this season has been like but I’m still surprised you’d let him go on loan. He was the best full back in the league a year or two ago.
He was excellent last season. Form has been on the floor this season. Maybe he would have come through but he apparently threw a hissy fit when not selected against Wolves

What's Klopp got to do with this :
He was incredible at times last season, but hasn't been the same player this year and has looked vulnerable defensively.

If his attitude has been a problem, which appears to be the case, then it makes sense to move him on. That does mean we'll be light in arguably our weakest position in terms of numbers/quality. I hope we will bring in a replacement, but we really seem struggle when it comes to recruiting a left back, so I'm not convinced we will...
It’s our intensity in the opposition half mate that’s the problem , and if this is Pep saying to those , perform or ship out and gets a response out of the team i couldn’t give a shit who plays at LB to be honest.

You guys watch Cancelo all the time so I don’t know what his form this season has been like but I’m still surprised you’d let him go on loan. He was the best full back in the league a year or two ago.
Proof if ever that it doesn't matter what talent you have if your attitude sucks. We've had a few down the last few years and they've struggled to make much of an impact after being shown the door. Hopefully Cancelo doesn't follow suit because I'd rather get a decent fee if his head isn't right with us.

One to two seasons is a life time in football, look at the turnaround at Arsenal at the moment and what Arteta is building. Cancelo was a first name on the team sheet player 18 months ago, however for reasons unknown to us he’s not been anywhere near his high standards. If he’s had a bust up and it’s impacting on morale it’s best for both parties to go separate ways.

Pep's never got rid of someone because they make mistakes in big games. If he did, Laporte wouldn't be here. Stones would have left 4 years ago. Jesus wouldn't have stayed until he chose to leave.

Pep has said repeatedly he hates "sad faces", he's said he almost sold Cancelo in his first season for sulking in training, he referred to him as "Mr Cancelo" on Friday and then implied he's the only person in the squad not happy for Aké doing well.

Are you really going to pretend this is about anything other than attitude?

Anyway as for cover.

Aké is looking good, the kid Gomez can play and develop. Pep's already playing 3 at the back in some games which is a formation we have tons of cover for.

And the new kid Perrone is left footed so maybe he's an option.

Pep's not going to cut his nose off to spite his face. He'd only sanction a move if he thought he could win all 3 tournaments with the squad he's got left.
Another player who's best years of their career were at City but didn't realise it.

I didn't mind him as a player as when he was on fire he was exceptional, defensively not fantastic but also not incompetent. I think he maybe mentally fragile, he did suffer a horrible loss early in life. Wish him all the best. He has been part of a winning machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.