7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty crazy when you think about this. Gaughan has reported he was unhappy at only starting 3 games out of 10 since the world cup.

The first game after the world cup was a month ago on Saturday. 33 days ago.

So in the space of 33 days he got unhappy, became a bad influence and then got his agent to fix him a move.

If you think that the first 3 of those 10 games we rotated heavily to ease people back from the world cup, then realise Mendes probably can't set this up in 2 days...it means he quit after being out of favour for about 3 weeks.

And in those 3 weeks he started a cup 1/4 final, a derby and a league game against Chelsea.

Pleasing everyone,and especially in this business,is not something that can be achieved easily,the fortunate thing for Pep is that there has only been 4 departures in last couple of years,from shall we say the first team squad.

His office door could have holes in it the amount of times it should of been knocked on,with "unhappy" players wanting to know why they are not playing,it's just Cancelo is the latest to cause a ripple,so off you go.

Nothing crazy about that,we move on.

Agreed about the games he has started in the days you mention,but the life and times of a footballer is strange,he's played in those games,been shit,and probably in training also,so got fucked off,so not crazy again,it's life

And for the benefit of Jack Hackett our resident gooner - if City show anything like the intensity of the last two seasons you’ll get bombed out of the water like a German U Boat , and that’s a fact , regardless of how good you think you are !

I always said unfortunately his form seemed to drop following the home invasion, I think that really took a toll on him and rightly so.

From a playing perspective he has been really poor this season and it’s clear something isn’t right whether it be personal or behind the scenes, but the fact that we are letting another play of his calibre go without replacement is mental.

Wish him well though at his best for us he was nothing short of magic, good luck Joao!

After Friday's game Pep said this of Ake:
“He never complains, even last season when he didn’t play much he had a big smile on his face in training and was always really, really good.

“If we are happy, there’s no one person in the locker room who is not happy for him.

“As a manager, you become a manager to have players like Nathan so he deserves all the good things in life, in his profession and in his job.”

I wonder who else he wanted to hear these comments.

On his day Cancelo was an ok defender and a very good creative footballer. When not on his day he was a poor defender who made mistakes and his creativity went out of the window. Cost us points against Liverpool and was guilty of the same error against Southampton. Not sure Bayern will stump up £60m though.
Don't worry there's always chelsea

Tbh mate I think it’s just a case of Pep showing his strength , that any fucker who goes to the press about dressing room un harmony will be fucked off extremely quickly , Pep has put a marker down big time , I’d also say there is going to be a major squad re build in the summer , and just maybe some of them know it.

it's true, Pep does not fuck about and if a player over steps the mark or steps out of line he's GONE,
but also Cancelo was used as a cover in the left back slot ? not his normal role but was happy to play there,

Now here is the rub, how many times in the Big games did he get found wanting ? Salah and Liverpool had him in his pocket every time, the truth is simple he is not a left back and maybe just got sick of getting blamed for big losses because pep had no over choice at left back,

After Friday's game Pep said this of Ake:
“He never complains, even last season when he didn’t play much he had a big smile on his face in training and was always really, really good.

“If we are happy, there’s no one person in the locker room who is not happy for him.

“As a manager, you become a manager to have players like Nathan so he deserves all the good things in life, in his profession and in his job.”

I wonder who else he wanted to hear these comments.

On his day Cancelo was an ok defender and a very good creative footballer. When not on his day he was a poor defender who made mistakes and his creativity went out of the window. Cost us points against Liverpool and was guilty of the same error against Southampton. Not sure Bayern will stump up £60m though.

When he said the bit I’ve bolded above he actually stumbled over his words and looked like he was going to say “well except maybe…” but then caught himself and stopped.

I thought it was a weird language thing at the time and pretty much dismissed it but it is now obvious what he was thinking.

Would love to hear it again to make sure I wasn’t imagining things…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.