7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s really not mate

Not a chance mate sadly , thankfully we’ve had two plus seasons out of him , and in the main he’s been good , but you can’t have a mard arse in the team , he will go for £25m tops , or just run his contract out on loan .
Pretty much the same as my thoughts mate? Don't know what you're confused about? By 'toe the line' I mean not sulk at not being in the 11 or playing out of position etc and realising you are part of a team. The 90 minutes on a Saturday that we see are only a small part of that. I can imagine Pep being too intense for some multi-millionaire footballers that are used to being pandered to. They don't like being told they're not performing and need to up their game. Initially they may like that fire and passion and see it as refreshing but after a few seasons it starts wearing thin. May partly explain why he's only stayed in other management positions for 4 or 5 years too.

I think we'll get more than 25 million for him but can't see Bayern paying anywhere near the 60 odd million quoted.

Reactions: flb
He's never been the best full back in the league, had a 4-5 month spell where he was offensively brilliant, but it masked he was god awful when defending, 4 seasons here and only been decent for 4/5 months of it, but as with all things in football in this country anyone who is offensively impressive gets hyped, reason why most player of the seasons are forwards or attacking midfielders.

He is a very average fullback when played as one outright
it has to be said with him bang on t and on form we had a unique attacking threat. We are pretty one dimensional this season, his form and attitude falling off the cliff is a big reason. We are a weaker attacking threat now, he does have exceptional technique but as an out an out defender of course he is limited.

any truth to the rumors that he put in a bad tackle on phil foden in training?

Apparently both went at each other, and after it happened both got fined. Phil took his fine but cancelo argued it.

he was then seen screaming into his mobile get me out of this club in the players tunnel recently aswell.

Cancelo was a non KDB creative spark at his best and we will suffer if we don’t find another way to great scoring opportunities. Can accept that this may have needed to be done but we are really playing with fire here.

People go on about his defending but we have seen Lewis and Walker struggle similarly this year trying to play in advanced positions and also defend that wide space. It’s a tricky job for anyone who actually gets up the pitch

Sounds like he’s threw his toys out of the pram to get a move, at least I won’t have to watch him shoot good opportunities into row z anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.