7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the players blamed Cancelo for us losing the Madrid semi final so maybe dressing room unrest is there.

I would certainly question him as he
was at fault in the 1st 2 goals in one way or another

Personally he can go, never a great defender. Pops system made him look better than he is.

When asked to defend he was lacking

I get the impression that Pep is the Alpha male and anyone who questions him goes..my way or the highway..I guess every single one of us have worked with stroppy bastards and they are indeed hard to cope with. The sad thing is that every team needs some hard nosed stroppy bastards..the issue is that most of us take it on the chin as we just can not walk away from a job..these guys just know they can..personally feel a team should have a couple.

any truth to the rumors that he put in a bad tackle on phil foden in training?

Apparently both went at each other, and after it happened both got fined. Phil took his fine but cancelo argued it.

he was then seen screaming into his mobile get me out of this club in the players tunnel recently aswell.

If this is anything to do with Foden's drop in form and getting him gone helps get our Phil back to his best, I'll drive him to Germany myself.

Bet Bayern don't take up the option to buy him at 70 million and he is back at us and leaves at a cut price deal.
Yeah, sounds ok.
If a player wants out and we are happy to let him go, why not? We didn't pay too much on top of Danilo
and Cancelo was always fit and had a good impact. Not the most positive character though if things go wrong, not calm, consistent and resilient enough. I'm glad he leaves, never liked his defending and poor body language when things were not perfect.

Market is tight for international fullbacks. We'll get a good value.

any truth to the rumors that he put in a bad tackle on phil foden in training?

Apparently both went at each other, and after it happened both got fined. Phil took his fine but cancelo argued it.

he was then seen screaming into his mobile get me out of this club in the players tunnel recently aswell.

Would certainly explain his outright refusal to pass to Phil in the derby if true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.