7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancelo tried to take out a few players in training with some stupid fucking tackles, all because his bottom lip was quivering.

He's got an opinion that everyone in the dressing room needs to hear, it brings down the entire mood in the dressing room.

He was the most passive-aggressive person at the club, all dazzling white teeth but the first to talk shit.
Glad to see the back of him. I've been off him for months now since the Liverpool & Fulham games. It was obvious something was up with him so glad we got rid of him.

Barca maybe, but don't think there's any chance he manages Spain, either from his feelings or those in Madrid about him.

I'm not sure Pep would actually make it as a national manager. If you look at how players struggle in their first season, he needs time to get them to play how he wants which I don't think would be possible with a national team, apart from maybe Spain due to the Barca contingent.

Think international football works better with kick and rush managers with simple styles. In unrelated news, could see Klopp managing Germany when he leaves the scousers by mutual consent...
Yep, pep is the better manager over a season undoubtedly, others may be better in a handful of make or break cup games

Edit - not that pep hasn’t been successful in the majority of cup games he’s had with us

I'm in two minds about his exit- I worry about our continued weakness at LB however it seems clear since the return from break that Pep has not been ken to play him. He has always been a detriment defensively and honestly did not offer enough link up to the left wing.

In hindsight as with all things I'd rather he be gone than cause more dissent if it's true he was causing issues. He had some good moments for sure but my overall take on him was he just seemed to be a player who was prone to looking fed up on the pitch, giving up on plays. NEVER showed the slightest bit of grit IMO much less any passion other than when he made a spectacular play. He always seemed to have an elitist stuck up streak about him like he's so much better than anyone else when in reality he was being carved up by wingers game after game. I hope the whole LB into the middle phase is over as I honestly think that was a result of he couldn't be bothered to be responsible for covering the attacking right flank but was too much of a threat moving forward to sit.

If I'm 100% honest I would feel better if another player was in the works to replace him- even a loan just to fill a gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.