7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The US should be excited about what it coming through between now and the next World Cup?

The fitness levels are now insane and this is the first proper generation who have tactics and a league to support them.

Robinson is an excellent player and has pace to burn like Walker.

Speaks very well and would be delighted if there were any truth in the rumours.

I know Txiki liked him a couple years back.
We've been thinking this since 1998 tbf

Although this is the first generation that feels like actual footballers and not repurposed athletes kicking a ball around

This just in - Ake at LB (defensive - which is what we most need) is world class!
I realize that- but Gomez has not exactly lived up to the billing and Ake cant play every single game- of which we have a lot of big ones coming thick and fast. I'm not saying sign a worldie LB in January window.

The US should be excited about what it coming through between now and the next World Cup?

The fitness levels are now insane and this is the first proper generation who have tactics and a league to support them.

Robinson is an excellent player and has pace to burn like Walker.

Speaks very well and would be delighted if there were any truth in the rumours.

I know Txiki liked him a couple years back.
I love the athleticism and aggressiveness of the US side - in the 2022 WC we advanced once again to the round of 16 and then fell short. But at least we qualified for the WC.

Men's football in the USA is apparently going to struggle - for years to come. Maybe it's due to the prevalence of so many other sports - basketball, American football, baseball, hockey... who knows.

Meanwhile, USA woman's football continues to dominate.

For me, in 2026 - the USA will likely qualify for the round of 16 - and once again bow out.

Cannot understand people getting upset about him leaving, his form has been dreadful, lost his place for Portugal at the World Cup and when given his chance at City does nothing. Constantly dives in like at Liverpool against Sala and then makes a stupid tackle tackle v Fulham and really should have been sent off. Great going forward but cannot defend to save his life!!!!!!!

This quickly descended into 'the worst City player ever' thread! What was the word describing football supporters the best...fickle.
On the contrary - the consensus opinion was soon reached - namely that Cancelo is a prima-donna, non-team player who is causing far more dressing room issues than he's worth.

The truth of the loan deal:

Cancelo hasn’t been loaned for just falling out of favour as I’m sure we’re all aware. The truth of the matter is he squared up to pep in training and actually threw a ball at him from point blank range. Luckily it only hit the catalans stomach and was able to keep his composure and deescalate the situation before an improbable brawl broke out. Ruben and Phil were quick to corner Cancelo and have a serious go at him.It’s clear there’s no going back now, Cancelo has indefinitely played his last game for Manchester City. For better or worse, only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.