7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The revisionism on here is pathetic. Listening to some you'd think we were offloading a player of Sunday league quality. And the fantasy of Foden being kept out of the squad to keep him out of Cancelo's way? Where the fuck do people come up with this shit?

He had a poor half-season, but the same could be said for most of the squad. If his attitude stunk, then I very much doubt it's something that happened overnight, which begs the question why haven't the club been laying the groundwork for a replacement? They've had all month.

Our three best centre backs are made of glass, so when they invariably break down again, Ake will have to drop back into the centre.

The club don't get much wrong, and if he came to blows with Pep then fair enough. But Arsenal have bolstered and we've lost an experienced squad member, giving us 24hrs to fill a glaring hole in the squad.

I often found myself describing him as a ‘shithouse’ during games. Great going forward, never a defender as long as he’s got a hole in his arse and also a petulant bottler at times. Seems to me he’s given up too easily so probably best he moves on.

The revisionism on here is pathetic. Listening to some you'd think we were offloading a player of Sunday league quality. And the fantasy of Foden being kept out of the squad to keep him out of Cancelo's way? Where the fuck do people come up with this shit?

He had a poor half-season, but the same could be said for most of the squad. If his attitude stunk, then I very much doubt it's something that happened overnight, which begs the question why haven't the club been laying the groundwork for a replacement? They've had all month.

Our three best centre backs are made of glass, so when they invariably break down again, Ake will have to drop back into the centre.

The club don't get much wrong, and if he came to blows with Pep then fair enough. But Arsenal have bolstered and we've lost an experienced squad member, giving us 24hrs to fill a glaring hole in the squad.
We have made a net profit from sales and also reduced the wage bill, what more do you want?

Top player most of the time, but Pep/City want elite technical ability, work rate AND mentality. Miss on any of those and you are history.
Shame, as he can be one of the best in the world, but team dynamic wins EVERY time
I genuinely thank him for his contribution, but shake my head at the way the bell-end ended his time here.

the revisionism in the fanbase regarding cancelo is over the top ..in the last two seasons Cancelo was one of the most important players in the squad..he was at least top 5 in played minutes...personally he`s the type of player i would pay to see live or on screen...technically gifted player who has his temper/passion/big ego..."ancelotti-type" of coaches could perhaps handle his personality better

but like many people have already said...nobody is bigger than the club...but the same applies to Pep

the revisionism in the fanbase regarding cancelo is over the top ..in the last two seasons Cancelo was one of the most important players in the squad..he was at least top 5 in played minutes...personally he`s the type of player i would pay to see live or on screen...technically gifted player who has his temper..."ancelotti-type" of coaches could perhaps handle his personality better

but like many people have already said...nobody is bigger than the club...but the same applies to Pep
In the previous 2 seasons he was one of the most important that's true but what's also true is this season he has been one of the biggest liabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.