7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see what you mean mate, personally didn’t read into it any more than if someone had said ‘the Mancunian’ , ‘the cockney twat’ or ‘the scruffy scouse tramp’.
Fine,and probably expected,if you are talking about a rival.Odd as fuck and disrespectful if claiming to be a Blue.

If the reports are true, more so the ones about throwing in dodgy tackles on players , which almost sounds like he literally started to sabotage and endanger the management and the squads efforts, there literally was no choice.
When it first happened it split the squad, with only Silva not getting involved and walking away, I asked the question wtf was going on after the utd game and got the answer. Every man and his dog could see that there was something just not right in that game.

I genuinely think we need to buy three full-backs this window, now.

We've let things slide in that position for FAR too long, and with the natural refreshments needed in the middle of the park and on the wings, it looks like our shopping list is going to be ridiculous this summer. But it needs to happen. Pep's last contract (as I think it will be) and possibly our years with Haaland deserve all the funding, risk, and backing in the world.

Seriously, though. One left-back at Old Bailey defending rape charges, another squaring up to the manager, another let go for no reason to Arsenal, another right-back who lives on pace getting older, and nothing but academy prospects and centre-halves left to fill the gaps. Our story in that position is a genuine comedy of errors at this point. Needs sorting.
Yet we are champions and we have the ability as fans to chill out and support the team.

Whilst not sorry to see him go, as I've thought for a long time that Cancelo has bad attitude written all over him, the plain truth is that even before his departure, we were desperate for a 'proper' left back, and have been for years.

Choose a best 11 post takeover and you could spend hours trying to somehow shoehorn in all the amazing midfield players and strikers we have been blessed to witness

Compare and contrast with the yawning chasm that is left back - Kolly? Clichy? Delph? The name you'd probably have to end up with, is scouting out a new pad in Munich as I type!
I really like Ake and he has been one of our stand-out players this season, but despite having Saka in his pocket the other night, he isn't really a left back and does like an injury

Eric has played there before and could cover the position in an emergency, but he sure isn't a left back and does like an injury

As for Gomez, sorry but from what I've seen he looks miles away from being anywhere near first team material
You can just see us playing a Champions League semi final with a somewhat injury hit back line of Walker, Akanji, Rodri and erm 'hello Rico, you're left back tonight matey!'

I'd be quite happy with either Robinson from Fulham or Ait Nouri from Wolves, but I would defo be signing them today

WOW! have your actually listened to yourself mate?
I assume that the 3 Centre backs your saying have glass backs are (Stones, Dias and Laporte)?

That will be the same Stones, Dias and Laporte that between them have won 10 premier league medals in the last five years!
What does that have to do with them being imjury prone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.