7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We desperately need a new club captain to sort some of the players out. Gundogan just isn't the sort of leader that commands respect. I highly doubt something like this would have occurred if Kompany or Fernandinho were still at the club.
I am sure Dias will have given him a few slaps, he has to be made captain.

The truth of the loan deal:

Cancelo hasn’t been loaned for just falling out of favour as I’m sure we’re all aware. The truth of the matter is he squared up to pep in training and actually threw a ball at him from point blank range. Luckily it only hit the catalans stomach and was able to keep his composure and deescalate the situation before an improbable brawl broke out. Ruben and Phil were quick to corner Cancelo and have a serious go at him.It’s clear there’s no going back now, Cancelo has indefinitely played his last game for Manchester City. For better or worse, only time will tell.
Wow, could you share the link? Would be very interesting to see more details.

The truth of the loan deal:

Cancelo hasn’t been loaned for just falling out of favour as I’m sure we’re all aware. The truth of the matter is he squared up to pep in training and actually threw a ball at him from point blank range. Luckily it only hit the catalans stomach and was able to keep his composure and deescalate the situation before an improbable brawl broke out. Ruben and Phil were quick to corner Cancelo and have a serious go at him.It’s clear there’s no going back now, Cancelo has indefinitely played his last game for Manchester City. For better or worse, only time will tell.

'The catalan'

What a fucking strange way for a City fan to describe Pep.

This might seem right out of left field but I think Kyle Walker would be a great Captain. He seems to have earned the respect of the players, he is a force to be reckoned with and appears to get on well with Pep.

Just my two pen’north, not that it’s going to make an iota of difference but I thought I’d just be ‘controversial’:-)

I would pity it if Cancelo leaves. And it looks like that from more reliable sources.
I liked him and his way of football. He was creative and attacked like an outfield player. Not the best defender maybe, but perfectly made for a Pep side. It’s the kind of player that you wanna see on a football field.

Zinchenko was another one and I often didn’t understand why he wasn’t our regular LB. Great skills, adventurous. Another perfect player for a Pep side.

However when Zinchenko lost the battle for LB to Cancelo there was no arguing from me. The latter was just brilliant.

Losing both hurts. I like Ake for who he is and the reliability he shows. But he is an honest defender and that’s pretty much it. Player of the season so far so I won’t take anything away from Ake. But he is no Cancelo nor a Zinchenko.

So far this season I haven’t seen a City side playing better than the previous 5 seasons. Even with Haaland.

I would pity it if Cancelo leaves. And it looks like that from more reliable sources.
I liked him and his way of football. He was creative and attacked like an outfield player. Not the best defender maybe, but perfectly made for a Pep side. It’s the kind of player that you wanna see on a football field.

Zinchenko was another one and I often didn’t understand why he wasn’t our regular LB. Great skills, adventurous. Another perfect player for a Pep side.

However when Zinchenko lost the battle for LB to Cancelo there was no arguing from me. The latter was just brilliant.

Losing both hurts. I like Ake for who he is and the reliability he shows. But he is an honest defender and that’s pretty much it. Player of the season so far so I won’t take anything away from Ake. But he is no Cancelo nor a Zinchenko.

So far this season I haven’t seen a City side playing better than the previous 5 seasons. Even with Haaland.
Good as both were a liability in many crucial games,.

this love in for these two players who produced probably 3 months each worth of notable contribution in the 3-4 years they have played fro us just because they could sometimes put in a good cross or dribbled past someone.

Javi Garrido or fernando had longer, better more consistant spells in the team than these two yet are considered flops by many.

Cancelo won't be missed by me and many others, he is no zab, clichy or kolarov

just my opinion mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.