7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely think we need to buy three full-backs this window, now.

We've let things slide in that position for FAR too long, and with the natural refreshments needed in the middle of the park and on the wings, it looks like our shopping list is going to be ridiculous this summer. But it needs to happen. Pep's last contract (as I think it will be) and possibly our years with Haaland deserve all the funding, risk, and backing in the world.

Seriously, though. One left-back at Old Bailey defending rape charges, another squaring up to the manager, another let go for no reason to Arsenal, another right-back who lives on pace getting older, and nothing but academy prospects and centre-halves left to fill the gaps. Our story in that position is a genuine comedy of errors at this point. Needs sorting.

We've let things slide in that position for FAR too long, and with the natural refreshments needed in the middle of the park and on the wings, it looks like our shopping list is going to be ridiculous this summer. But it needs to happen. Pep's last contract (as I think it will be) and possibly our years with Haaland deserve all the funding, risk, and backing in the world.

Seriously, though. One left-back at Old Bailey defending rape charges, another squaring up to the manager, another let go for no reason to Arsenal, another right-back who lives on pace getting older, and nothing but academy prospects and centre-halves left to fill the gaps. Our story in that position is a genuine comedy of errors at this point. Needs sorting.
There is absolutely zero chance we will sign 3 full backs in the next 16 hours

At the end of the day he ended up a disruptive figure in the dressing room and almost split the squad , he needed to be got rid of ( one bad apple and all that ) glad it’s all sorted so the team can get back to business.
If the reports are true, more so the ones about throwing in dodgy tackles on players , which almost sounds like he literally started to sabotage and endanger the management and the squads efforts, there literally was no choice.

Good as both were a liability in many crucial games,.

this love in for these two players who produced probably 3 months each worth of notable contribution in the 3-4 years they have played fro us just because they could sometimes put in a good cross or dribbled past someone.

Javi Garrido or fernando had longer, better more consistant spells in the team than these two yet are considered flops by many.

Cancelo won't be missed by me and many others, he is no zab, clichy or kolarov

just my opinion mind
Yeah zinchenkos being made out to be peak baresi/platini . Talking to some arse fans on friday night and they were gloating they had him. They werent having it that i thought he was just ok.

Same with cancelo. On his day really good but those days werent season in/out. They could both be decent attacking but awful defending in equal measures

Zinchenko wasnt let go for ‘no reason’ at all. He wanted to leave. We have a policy of not keeping players who dont want to be here. We make it clear that we need fair money , and if thats achieved then good luck and thanks.
Probably helps us actually attract players initially.

The zinchenko myth is growing daily.

Cancelo is a someone that just seems unhappy in himself.
When he's playing he's fine BUT the moment he's benched he becomes agitated.
Not trying to do the big psychology bit but he seems troubled. We know about his past, but he clearly needs to be continuously involved so he doesn't have thinking time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.