7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
City's announcement that Cancelo has gone on loan tells you much of what you need to know. It's so short and flat that you can tell he is not in good books.
Agreed. It was curt, abrupt & very much to the point. I seriously can't abide disrupters. It's best he move on & become a problem to someone else.

The curious one is his Instagram message essentially saying his City association is far from over. Sounds like he's regretting his decision already, or more likely he's covering his arse in case there're no takers for him in the summer & his sour face is forced to return with his tail between his legs... :-/

This seems like an excellent summation. It's possible Cancelo already had previous and this was the final straw.
I would be very surprised if this wasn’t exactly that: the final straw.

The Athletic article does paint a picture of a situation that slowly became untenable, largely out of the hands of management (without giving Cancelo far more power than any player should have).

Look at it another way Ronaldo was a bad apple at utd, got rid and utd improve.

Hopefully now our bad apple has gone we improve.

Its amazing how much influence a bad apple has on the group. Even in my little work place the mood would be alot happier when the bad apple was on holiday ! So get rid.

This is great work by City

No player is bigger than Pep or City and no manager is bigger than City ! Lol

You train how you play. I was watching an interview with a former player who said they often walked off the training pitch with blood dripping down their shins. Loads of players in successful teams hated each other or didn't speak at all. You compromise for the greater goal.

There's probably more to this than will ever come out, but the armed burglary at Cancelo's gaff could have been pivotal. He was attacked at his front door by 4 men, with his wife and daughter screaming inside. It would scare the bejasus out of most people.

Reactions: PPT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.