7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the reports are correct and he kicked off away at chelsea at half time.. that game was 5th January, why on earth did we wait until now to act upon the situation?

piss poor management from the top could cost us dearly in the latter stage of the season.
No available options? They have probably made inquiries

I think rather than celebrating, Arsenal and their fans should be concerned that we’re swiftly resolving an issue that may have been holding us back from firing on all cylinders.

Sometimes less is more.
While I agree it still doesn't stop teams attacking that side even without Cancelo

I think rather than celebrating, Arsenal and their fans should be concerned that we’re swiftly resolving an issue that may have been holding us back from firing on all cylinders.

Sometimes less is more.
They should keep quiet as a lot of them think they have won the league already and there is plenty of time for them to bottle it yet

If the reports are correct and he kicked off away at chelsea at half time.. that game was 5th January, why on earth did we wait until now to act upon the situation?

piss poor management from the top could cost us dearly in the latter stage of the season.
I am sure its really simple to move on someone on huge wages when all of Europe knows what a nightmare he can be and if we are looking to shift him there must be a real issue.

I doubt we had clubs ringing Txiki with any desperation.

Very true though , when he was good he was very good and now we are weakened in a key position , no bones about it

So, to keep him, we have to make sure he's happy by playing him, even though he's playing 'well' in about one in ten games, and providing the odd half-decent cross.
Presumably, that would be at the expense of a better performing, more reliable player (i.e.Ake or Laporte), leaving them on the bench wondering what they have to do to get a start, and concluding that arguing and throwing a hissy fit like Cancelo was the best way.

Cancelo has been a weak link for ages. He can't defend, and he's too erratic going forward to link up with the left-sided forward (Foden, Grealish).
He was the same at right back. He'd drift into midfield, but to lesser effect than Walker or Lewis.

Walker can overlap, shift to WB or CB if needed, and will do a top job.
Lewis can overlap, be used as a WB or midfielder if needed, and has shown he can do a top job.
Cancelo lacks that versatility, and truth be told, he's been lucky to get any starts this season imo.

He's a bad apple. Good riddance to him.

I am sure its really simple to move on someone on huge wages when all of Europe knows what a nightmare he can be and if we are looking to shift him there must be a real issue.

I doubt we had clubs ringing Txiki with any desperation.
well according to the reports arsenal last friday was the final straw, by monday we were presented with a buyer. doesn't seem like such an issue to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.