7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
well according to the reports arsenal last friday was the final straw, by monday we were presented with a buyer. doesn't seem like such an issue to me
Maybe Pep thought things would get better, Joao thought he could force his way back in and then it all blew up again. You don't just bin someone at the first time.

Shame really.

All the talent in the world and let down by an impatient attitude. Not the first in football and won't be the last.

Weakens us in the sense we won't have his attacking ability. However maybe it strengthens the squad without a negative influence?

thinking back to one of the recent games Cancelo just wouldn't give the ball to Foden even when he was unmarked, just kept turning back into the center and it was heading over to the right, I thought at the time it was weird but starting to make sense now if they had a set to
And if that set to meant that Cancelo wouldn't play effectively with another member of the team in a competitive match, that tells me all I need to know about his priorities. Incredibly unprofessional and completely unacceptable.

Apart from the occasional sublime pass with the outside of his boot Cancelo was fairly average and whilst being right footed was surprisingly better on the left than the right. He was also a disaster waiting to happen when defending. However he was a regular in our recent title winning seasons, so can't have been too bad.
If the stories we are fed are true then perhaps this helps to explain why we have been underperforming. Everybody within the squad and management now need to buckle down and create a happy dressing room. Then we can start reeling in the current leaders.
Looking forward to next season we need a LB ( obviously ) and some energy, speed and power in midfield.

If the reports are correct and he kicked off away at chelsea at half time.. that game was 5th January, why on earth did we wait until now to act upon the situation?

piss poor management from the top could cost us dearly in the latter stage of the season.
Quite a lot of low post users in the thread making highly dubious (at best) arguments today.

Wonder why?

I'm just surprised that others aren't seeing this really.

We're losing a hugely talented full back, a position we are really light in, because he is a bad egg. We are absolutely doing the right thing on that part but to not even think about replacing him, or to have a contingency plan for an already light squad, is baffling

This is the point.

If the rumours are true - and great player though he undoubtedly is, there’s plenty of previous in his history to suggest his attitude is frequently a problem - then getting rid of him if he’s damaging the team spirit is the right move.

I fully support the Club on that.

But not bringing in a replacement when we’re already extremely light at left back is reckless bordering on outright negligent!

Would suggest the Club are writing this season off as ‘transitional’, and are focused on the summer and addressing the squad rebuild during the next window.

Which is hugely disappointing for us as fans.

I think I've read 3 pages of this thread.

I feel like for everything great the man did going forward, he was shit going backwards or bottled out of challenges.

He was bought as a left back as his main job and thought he'd be undroppable because he made a great pass or two...

Not arsed by this move!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.