7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've read 3 pages of this thread.

I feel like for everything great the man did going forward, he was shit going backwards or bottled out of challenges.

He was bought as a left back as his main job and thought he'd be undroppable because he made a great pass or two...

Not arsed by this move!
Let's be honest, he was bought as a right back as his main job, and played on the left because Walker never allowed him to get a look in.

He was that talented we trust an 18 year old more on the right and a centre back on the left. Add to that he wanted to leave, and all the noise - meh. We need bodies, all clubs do, but it's not like we've lost a linchpin of the squad.
Maybe not a linchpin but whichever way you look at it, he was a vital member of the squad in August when we chose not to pursue another full back after Cucurella.

Aside to that, only him and Kev ever looked capable of putting the ball into Haaland from a cross. Now we have just Kev to do that

Low post users on BM this morning:

dads-were-doomed.gif

This is the point.

If the rumours are true - and great player though he undoubtedly is, there’s plenty of previous in his history to suggest his attitude is frequently a problem - then getting rid of him if he’s damaging the team spirit is the right move.

I fully support the Club on that.

But not bringing in a replacement when we’re already extremely light at left back is reckless bordering on outright negligent!

Would suggest the Club are writing this season off as ‘transitional’, and are focused on the summer and addressing the squad rebuild during the next window.

Which is hugely disappointing for us as fans.
So your saying the club is giving up the title, champs league and FA cup because of rift between two players ? I get the feeling Cancelo was a moody son of gun and was a bad influence. No way Pep gets rid of a player unless its for the good of the team. Decent player, has an occasional worldy pass in him. Below average at defending.

Last edited:
So your saying the club is giving up the title, champs league and FA cup because of rift between two players ? I get the feeling Caicedo was a moody son of gun and was a bad influence. No way Pep gets rid of a player unless its for the good of the team. Decent player, has an occasional worldy pass in him. Below average at defending.
We haven’t even signed him and he’s already causing problems!

Not sorry tbh, worst attitude at the club, plays for himself more than any other player. We have Ake in excellent form with cover from Laporte, Gomes and i'm sure we have a couple of decent LB's coming through though their names escape me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.