7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our squad is too small to cope with defensive injuries, particularly at full back.

He should either have been fined and told to get on with his job here til summer, or replaced.

We‘ve weakened ourselves here.
It’s not always about on the field.

“One bad apple…”

Just look at what Pep did when he first arrived. He identified PERSONALITIES he didn’t fancy and…poof!…GONE!!!

You don’t win 4 out of 5 without having a good dressing room, discipline, and the balls to make hard decisions with the swiftness that wakes people from their slumbers!

The “team of Captains” is designed to allow the players to squash dissent via TEAM PEER PRESSURE. However, if it bubbles up THROUGH that wall/filter, then you have identified yourself as a serious problem to the collective and are a very short-timer, because you have SELF-identified yourself as an outlier.

Pep has a history of moving on players and Cancelo isn’t close to the profile of some he has released.

I'm really disappointed in this to be honest.
Cancelo signed a new deal not so long ago and he was our best player at stages last season, what on earth has happened?
So we lose a player to a champs league rival just like we tossed 2 good players to Arsenal in the summer.
Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle have all strengthened this window and we have lost a player. Maybe we are content on runners up this season.
Deep down my fear is that Pep is losing the dressing room and some serious rifts have developed.
Its all about opinions and I know cancelo is a fiery character but this move to me is baffling.
Even without all the rumours about training pitch misbehaviour etc, the facts as laid out in The Athletic article make it crystal clear why he had to go, to protect the squad from a toxic influence and a player intent on undermining the manager. There's absolutely nothing baffling about it.

That article also outlines the brief timeline of the disintegration of Cancelo's relationship with the club, which explains why City haven't had time to find a suitable replacement. The club didn't have any viable option other than allowing JC to go to Munich as arranged by his agent at his request.

There are too many leaving for a club like ours. And despite Haaland his goals, I think we haven’t played better or improved from the last 4-5 seasons.
I don't think there are too many leaving
The players who left at the end of last season have been replaced with a similar number.
Out: Jesus, Zinchenko, Sterling, Fernandinho Steffen

In: Haaland Alvarez, Philipps, Akanji, Ortega and Gomez.

It is fair to say that Gomez and Philipps have not met our expectations, as of yet.

Even without all the rumours about training pitch misbehaviour etc, the facts as laid out in The Athletic article make it crystal clear why he had to go, to protect the squad from a toxic influence and a player intent on undermining the manager. There's absolutely nothing baffling about it.

That article also outlines the brief timeline of the disintegration of Cancelo's relationship with the club, which explains why City haven't had time to find a suitable replacement. The club didn't have any viable option other than allowing JC to go to Munich as arranged by his agent at his request.
Except its baffling to explain how our best player last year more or less has had a big fall from grace.

There are too many leaving for a club like ours. And despite Haaland his goals, I think we haven’t played better or improved from the last 4-5 seasons.

Pep could be right to loan/sell him on. Time will tell.
we have set a very high bar in the last 4-5 seasons so is understandable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.