7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of what's happened, this transfer makes us significantly weaker for a tough run-in.

Sometimes these things happen and you just have to get the player out of the club. The problem is that we didn't sign a left back in the summer. Our squad planning at the moment feels atrocious. Hopefully, this season is a bit of a kick up the arse (if you excuse the pun).
Ake is more defensive minded than Cancelo. Which means Grealish should have more space and a safety net.

I think we will see the best of Grealish.
I don’t think we will be weaker…. Just different

Feel a lot of people are reading much too much into this departure. Cancelo has been one of the first names on the team sheet in seasons past. His form for the last 4 months or so has not been good and he's probably, understandably not happy that he isn't playing more. His hunger appears to have dipped and Pep has decided that we can cope without him and moved him on. I'm sure this stuff happens all the time but its much more exciting to report claims of 'bust ups' and 'dressing room divides' than just a professional parting of ways.

There are too many leaving for a club like ours. And despite Haaland his goals, I think we haven’t played better or improved from the last 4-5 seasons.

Pep could be right to loan/sell him on. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.