7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leg in v Martial
Leg in v Salah
Can he not at least give himself a chance by not putting the leg in ?
Plus that high line infuriates me too. Our defenders are not able for it with a roaming Salah waiting for the pass . Football is such a simple game but to give your opponent opportunity after opportunity in 1 v 1's makes it even more simple. The warning signs were there before they scored on 75 mins. Its so sad

1v1 v Salah if he drops and tries to jockey Salah wide it gives us a chance to get back in. I knew that as last man in under 7s games.

How he doesn’t have the awareness to deal with that is beyond me. It was bafflingly shit.

Mind bogglingly fucking stupid.

Been like this consistently since he joined us.

Goes through periods of being a real stand-out going forward and defensively good enough, we love him and feel he's perfect for how we play. Then has a bad match or run on one or both aspects of his game and we think he's a liability.

The club and the player need to make a decision this season. Long term, is he our right back or our left back? And whichever he isn't, we need to bring someone in for that position. Because apart from Cancelo and Walker our only options at full-back on either side are centre-backs doing a job out of position or kids who aren't ready for the big games.

I don't think regularly moving him from one side to the other is doing his defensive positioning any favours at all.

Been like this consistently since he joined us.

Goes through periods of being a real stand-out going forward and defensively good enough, we love him and feel he's perfect for how we play. Then has a bad match or run on one or both aspects of his game and we think he's a liability.

The club and the player need to make a decision this season. Long term, is he our right back or our left back? And whichever he isn't, we need to bring someone in for that position. Because apart from Cancelo and Walker our only options at full-back on either side are centre-backs doing a job out of position or kids who aren't ready for the big games.

I don't think regularly moving him from one side to the other is doing his defensive positioning any favours at all.
Cancelo is clearly better going forward than defending… but also I think he is much more effective on the left than when he plays on the right

Cancelo is clearly better going forward than defending… but also I think he is much more effective on the left than when he plays on the right
He is better on the left because Foden and Grealish are willing to cover for his defensive duties. On the right Mahrez are not so.

We need a new left back and a new right back. Just image can you trust him on the left back position vs Salah if you have a new right back? I will say NO. He should be the rotation option right back and left back because times after times Cancelo proves to not be able to perform against world class wingers (vs Madrid vs Liverpool etc).

Schoolboy defending for salahs goal. Salah is the master at using strength to turn defenders. Fuck knows what goes through his mind to try stick a leg in when he’s last man.
Similar mistake at Anfield last season as well.

We actually the best first half ever last season at Anfield but Cancelo lazy defending gifted them the opening goal. Gutted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.