7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not think it’s laid out on day one what the challenge of earning the shirt is going to be, and rotation is a massive part of our success or that the entire football world knows how Pep operates? They know…Sane wanted BM & Garcia wanted Barca, Sterling can have no complaints, Pep stuck with him when he had long poor spells, Laporte & Bernie both long for the sun/Barca, Zinchenko & Torres we got great fees for & both where squad players, Cancelo was happy enough to sign a new deal then saw his ass after missing 3 games, and Jesus left after learning Haaland was coming in. All those players have been treated well, played a large part in our success and will either move on or have already with our best wishes, a big wedge & a full trophy cabinet, they can have no complaints, If you don’t want competition elite sport isn’t for you

And more importantly we've continued to challenge for major honours with this strategy. I doubt the club saw Arsenal as realistic title challengers, but they've dealt without Jesus for long periods so no one can say that Zinchenko and Jesus are the reason they're top. It's because Arteta has moulded them into a very good side and they've played very well so far. The media will make something of our decision to sell them, because it's a juicy story, but in truth Jesus was never prolific enough as a striker, was benched a lot and played wide at times because of his lack of goals. How many years did we long for a central striker when he was at the club? I'd rather the club kept this strategy. There are plenty of players out there who will fight to get into the team and understand that to be successful as a team they'll have to rotate in and out of the side for their own fitness and depending on who we are playing.

Shame for the lad. On his day he is completely unplayable. Think he'd be better off at a team knocking on the top 4 of their league where he's going to play every week. Wish him well. He's still a Blue and I'll get behind him whilst he still is.

Do you not think it’s laid out on day one what the challenge of earning the shirt is going to be, and rotation is a massive part of our success or that the entire football world knows how Pep operates? They know…Sane wanted BM & Garcia wanted Barca, Sterling can have no complaints, Pep stuck with him when he had long poor spells, Laporte & Bernie both long for the sun/Barca, Zinchenko & Torres we got great fees for & both where squad players, Cancelo was happy enough to sign a new deal then saw his ass after missing 3 games, and Jesus left after learning Haaland was coming in. All those players have been treated well, played a large part in our success and will either move on or have already with our best wishes, a big wedge & a full trophy cabinet, they can have no complaints, If you don’t want competition elite sport isn’t for you
I agree but things change. Maybe Laporte was happy to rotate when he joined but he’s now almost 29, has won everything there is to win in England and might think whilst he’s in his prime years he wants to play every week before his body starts slowing down.

I quite like our rotation policy but do think there should be a spine of guaranteed starters when fit. I suppose right now that’d be Ederson, Dias, Rodri, KDB, Haaland

you mean arse?

Shame for the lad. On his day he is completely unplayable. Think he'd be better off at a team knocking on the top 4 of their league where he's going to play every week. Wish him well. He's still a Blue and I'll get behind him whilst he still is.
balls to him in all his time here was only decent about 20% of that time.

hope we never see him at the club again

balls to him in all his time here was only decent about 20% of that time.

hope we never see him at the club again
I think he only technically still a blue. He might return if Munich don't come up with a decent wad of cash but I expect he would be out on loan again quickly if no other buyer was found. Few if any will welcome him back.

well said Gabz

City don't have any say on whether he plays or not.

Champions League rules specifically ban this sort of block in loan contracts, even if it were to be included as a clause, UEFA regulations would override it.

If he is on form and Nagelsmann thinks he is up to it, he will play against us and we knew that this was a possibility when we loaned him out.
I know!…. It’s your last paragraph I’m talking about, and it’s a big if the way things are going, it’s not something many of us are worried about let’s put it that way. Can see him ending up at PSG or Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.