7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
KDB and probably Haaland aside, Cancelo is the only City player who would make a world best XI in 2022, far ahead of the other City defenders. And this is the same player many think should be benched for not being good enough in principle. Cluelessness doesn't begin to describe the attitude many show toward Cancelo. Cluelessness and irrational hatred. Guy is always available, plays at RB, plays at LB, helps in all phases of the game, gives his all. Not good enough!
Sadly he is very inconsistent, either world class or dreadful, and he has a weird attitude at times not befitting his ability.

That dive yesterday was appalling and I hope he was given a huge bollicking from the dressing room.

I doubt it, given that it was no worse than Kev's yesterday or the one against Fulham. Only difference there is the defender had enough sense to pull his foot away at the last second.
Well I hope Pep tells them to cut it out, part of the game I hate with a passion.

They were ALL absent yesterday - not throwing individuals under the bus - Pep's 'total football’ plan has a massive weak spot in it - and Thomas Frank and his front boys (among others have him sussed)

and lets be honest here, this disgrace of a world cup has fucked up everything, not that gravy media will call it out.

Just by watching them play. If we go purely off stats you‘d say Grealish is Shit when he clearly isn’t. I’m not having a go at Cancelo he’s done a great job overall and at times is amazing and a joy to watch. However, when he’s bad he can be abysmal. Only having 2 top class fullbacks at the club is the issue. It’s not Cancelo’s fault but it’s pretty ridiculous to be honest.

I'm not a stats fanatic by any means. But sometimes stats can correct misperceptions. I was surprised to see how much better Cancelo did compared to Robertson (who was arguably the best LB in the world before 21/22). Maybe Robertson wasn't at his best in 2022, but Cancelo did generally better than him and was recognised as such by the PL players.

People are free to have their opinions, though. Otherwise, football (forums) would be largely pointless. Nobody knows the whole truth. I was sceptical about Cancelo in 19/20, but have updated my opinions since then. The tragic story of his mother has warmed me to him big time.

Sadly he is very inconsistent, either world class or dreadful, and he has a weird attitude at times not befitting his ability.

That dive yesterday was appalling and I hope he was given a huge bollicking from the dressing room.

He's been consistent for 15 months mate, from August 21 to November 22 he was really good in most games. Nobody is absolutely consistent, even Bernie and Rodri, let alone KDB. Any player has poor games, including Walker who has been a defensive beast most of the time. He's had his shocking blunders, too.

He's been consistent for 15 months mate, from August 21 to November 22 he was really good in most games. Nobody is absolutely consistent, even Bernie and Rodri, let alone KDB. Any player has poor games, including Walker who has been a defensive beast most of the time. He's had his shocking blunders, too.
He hasn't , his form drops off the cliff during the later stages of the season, probably down to fatigue and the amount he is asked to play.

This season at times superb and at others poor with the weird , stroppy attitude that rears up every now and again.

We need to sort a class LB once and for all and have Cancelo and Walker challenging each other for RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.