#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some stats for context (earning a penalty counts as an assist from this source) of Sterling's time here:

Man City 15/16 Season
Sterling has 21 goal contributions (11g/10a in 2981 mins, 142mins/contr.), ranked 3rd (behind Aguero and KdB)

Man City 16/17 Season
Sterling has 30 goal contributions (10g/20a in 3627 mins, 121mins/contr.), ranked 2nd (behind Aguero)

Man City 17/18 Season
Sterling has 40 goal contributions (23g/17a in 3568 mins, 89mins/contr.), ranked 1st (beat Aguero by 3 goal contributions)

Man City 18/19 Season
Sterling has 43 goal contributions (25g/18a in 4097 mins, 95mins/contr.), ranked 1st (beat Aguero by 1 goal contribution)

Man City 19/20 Season
Sterling has 41 goal contributions (31g/10a in 3987 mins, 97mins/contr.), ranked 1st (beat KdB by 2 goal contributions)

The last 4 seasons are with Pep, that first season is with Pellegrini. Look at those goal contributions AND the number of minutes he has played, he doesn't get injured. If you think the club has any intention of letting a player who delivers this much go then you are crazy. For context here is this season:

Man City 20/21 Season
Sterling has 24 goal contributions (13g/11ain 2986 mins, 124mins/contr.), ranked 1st (beat KdB by 1 goal contribution)

His numbers this season are more in line with his first season under Pep and not as good as his last 3, but... he is still ranked 1st in our whole squad, in what is apparentlly a terrible season for Sterling.

If you really think about it, if a player is "supposedly" having one of their worst seasons ever... and is still ranked 1st in goal contributions, you simply don't get rid of this player. It's basic math.

That's my last bit on Sterling. I'm sure people will come in with something about stats are meaningless, but I am simply presenting the facts to everyone.

Why bash him when he didnt fuck up ?

Am I bashing him or are you just desperate to argue with people?

Kindly read everything I've said on the subject again, including quotes like "I've said on many occasions that he's my favourite footballer in the world", and tell me where I'm bashing him.

Am I bashing him or are you just desperate to argue with people?

Kindly read everything I've said on the subject again, including quotes like "I've said on many occasions that he's my favourite footballer in the world", and tell me where I'm bashing him.
You comment if he had fucked it up , he didnt

You comment if he had fucked it up , he didnt

If that constitutes bashing then the internet must be a very dark place for you.

Few people on this forum have praised and defended Sterling more than me over the last six years. We're at the point now where as soon as a City fan sees anyone criticising Raheem at all they assume that person must hate Sterling.

If that constitutes bashing then the internet must be a very dark place for you.

Few people on this forum have praised and defended Sterling more than me over the last six years. We're at the point now where as soon as a City fan sees anyone criticising Raheem at all they assume that person must hate Sterling.

Very true.

I don't hate Sterling but he frustrates the fuck out of me at times and I would love him to be a more clinical striker, because he really would have some serious numbers.

Very true.

I don't hate Sterling but he frustrates the fuck out of me at times and I would love him to be a more clinical striker, because he really would have some serious numbers.
No one hates him,thats would be a pathetic thing to say,he's one of our own....a good few of us just wish he was a bit more purposeful and consistent though.

That isn't unfair criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.