#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not slating Raheem at all. People are so fucking sensitive when it comes to Sterling it's ridiculous. If Mahrez, Torres- actually any of our other forwards apart from Agüero and Foden did that, people wouldn't be so eager to pretend it was all part of Raheem's plan from the very start. It clearly wasn't. It was him recovering from an error.

He should have shot, he didn't shoot. There have been lots of times in his City career where that's been the case. This time he managed to turn it into an assist. Usually he doesn't. If he cut that indecisiveness out of his game and got back to the confident player he was for the last three seasons, he would have shot and scored at that moment and would be on twice as many goals this season. Everyone knows that composure is Sterling's big weakness.

For balance, personally I'd say it's his one and only weakness. Everything else about his game is brilliant. Since 17/18 he's been a world class player and one of the best wingers in the world. If we had a Champions League final tomorrow, I'd want Sterling starting (yes ahead of Foden or Mahrez). I only own one football shirt with a name on the back- it's Sterling #7. People will jump to the conclusion that I must be a Sterling basher but it's just not true.

It's possible to love a player (and I love Raheem as much as any City fan) and still think that they're not in great form.
Or we can label Jesus’s decision to pass first time a mistake as he didn’t show the composure to draw the defenders and keeper creating more of a tap in and leaving Sterling with a lot to do on his weaker foot?

Except they both played their part perfectly in a lovely goal in a 2-0 win over the team in 3rd place.

File under: pointless arguing hypotheticals.

No one hates him,thats would be a pathetic thing to say,he's one of our own....a good few of us just wish he was a bit more purposeful and consistent though.

That isn't unfair criticism.
No it’s not. But in this particular instance, is it worth the ‘Auntie would be my Uncle’ hypotheticals?

No one hates him,thats would be a pathetic thing to say,he's one of our own....a good few of us just wish he was a bit more purposeful and consistent though.

That isn't unfair criticism.

My silly use of the word " hate " , but you understand what I mean.

Should have said " I don't slag him off but ................."

I think he gets flack because he is often so good when faced with difficult situations and then so lacking and sloppy when he is faced with something you would expect him to absolutely piss.

Some of his performances are a real enigma .

If that constitutes bashing then the internet must be a very dark place for you.

Few people on this forum have praised and defended Sterling more than me over the last six years. We're at the point now where as soon as a City fan sees anyone criticising Raheem at all they assume that person must hate Sterling.
Lol, jumping on him for something he didnt do is lame , come on now

No jumping at all.

What you've done to Jesus every time he makes a mistake for most of the last four years, now that's jumping on a player...
I do not live on his thread just waiting like people do on here , now he cant even do something right without the usuals piling in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.