#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
These were his numbers back when he was 21-22. But it's not his numbers that are the issue, it's his overall game. Running straight into players, inability to control a ball, overhitting basic passes, the sheer volume of missed chances etc. He's playing like a schoolboy right now.
He has still contrbuted despite his obvious faults and current form and he is still worth keeping around. The only issue is the current contract negotiations, he isn't in the Kevin De Bruyne bracket.

He has still contrbuted despite his obvious faults and current form and he is still worth keeping around.

We're not saying he hasn't contributed. But he's never been *this* bad. You cannot play like that and expect a bumper new contract and a place in the first team. He's of no use to us if he performs like that.

We're not saying he hasn't contributed. But he's never been *this* bad. You cannot play like that and expect a bumper new contract and a place in the first team. He's of no use to us if he performs like that.
Covid has played a huge part in that. Like the rest he hasn't had a chance to fully recharge the batteries. Its best to leave it until the end of the season. The reason why I am cutting Sterling slack is that he has delivered and this is his first major blip during his time at City.

Last edited:
Covid has played a huge part in that. Like the rest he hasn't had a chance to fully recharge the batteries. Its best to leave it until the end of the season. The reason why I am cutting Sterling slack is that he has delivered and this is first major blip during his time at City.
Sterling is our second highest earner but I don’t think he has any actual footballing ability. He has robbed us already. Don’t blame Covid, he can’t pass a ball properly or avoid running into a player.

Covid has played a huge part in that. Like the rest he hasn't had a chance to fully recharge the batteries. Its best to leave it until the end of the season. The reason why I am cutting Sterling slack is that he has delivered and this is his first major blip during his time at City.

But '(un)like the rest' he's been utterly dreadful.

The issue is he does not deserve a new contract unless we see a marked improvement and his overall application on the pitch has been terrible. In a potentially historic season, he is the one player that has disappointed. Pep has tried seemingly everything; both the tough love approach and then giving him minutes when he doesn't deserve it and it hasn't worked.

Currently, he shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. I honestly fear if he plays like this when fans are back in the stadium because his confidence will be shot.

Sterling is our second highest earner but I don’t think he has any actual footballing ability. He has robbed us already. Don’t blame Covid, he can’t pass a ball properly or avoid running into a player.
Its 100% mental issue. Nothing completely wrong with his ability (although it is far from the top bracket). We knew what we were getting once we prised him away from Liverpool.

But '(un)like the rest' he's been utterly dreadful.

The issue is he does not deserve a new contract unless we see a marked improvement and his overall application on the pitch has been terrible. In a potentially historic season, he is the one player that has disappointed. Pep has tried seemingly everything; both the tough love approach and then giving him minutes when he doesn't deserve it and it hasn't worked.

Currently, he shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. I honestly fear if he plays like this when fans are back in the stadium because his confidence will be shot.
Write this season off and see what he what he will be like next when he will be a lot fresher once England struggle and exit in the Euros in the summer.

Last edited:
I agree his mental state would be bad right now. Nothing he does comes off but it is not 100% mental.
He hasn't done too badly since he has joined City and Stones is proof that player who was totally written off and wasn't mentally in the right place, even if it was down to him to begin with can fully turn it around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.