#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting from that stupid tackle, he was even below his average during the whole game..

I think he feels that Pep no longer sees him as a regular starter and definitely he won't be starting in the final.
And that of course reflects on his game - in terms of pressure, nervousness and etc.

But you can't blame Pep as well.. At 26 his first touch and overall ball controlling skills are as awful as they were at 20 - no progress at all. Same can be said about Sane..

Should have the captains armband taken off him to take a bit of pressure off.

He gets himself (and the team) in so many good positions that if it starts to click and his passes turn into assists and his shots into goals, we'll win so many games with him in the side.

Would like to see him on the left wing with Foden on the left of the 8s

But somehow I feel that there still is the future for Sterling in this club and why:

1) Debruyne will definitely be moved back into midfield in the next season.
2) Mahrez has a great bond with Bernardo, but not with Debruyne. The only winger who Debruyne has same bond with is Sterling, so if Debruyne plays as a RCM from the next season - Sterling is the guy who Pep will pair him with.
3) He isn't and never was a decent LW in terms of stability, but has always been good as RW for number of years.

Of course Pep will rotate a lot - Kev will be 30 next year and considering his injuries - he won't be playing in every single game, which means that Bernardo-Mahrez pair will also get a lot of game time..

So Raheem will be very useful in the next season..

As for the LW - I think we all agree that Foden has "reserved" it for the next 15 years :D <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.