#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite all the criticism and him being off-form he is still the best player in our team in making runs. We create more openings with him in the team, even if we waste them.
Once he gets a bit of confidence and form back he'll be playing a lot of minutes simply due to the fact we have no one else who can do what he does.
Nice sentiment

I don’t see how raz gets back into this team. Foden, Grealish & Jesus all ahead of him.

something must be going on in his personal life his drop in form & confidence is ridiculous. Makes no sense
I'm not sure that's necessarily true. He was in a rich vein of form scoring. But talent wise, Foden Grealish and Gabby were always more talented with the ball.

I can see him winning the #9 job though. He presses and has tremendous speed. All he needs is a little goalscoring patch and he'll be off to the races.

He was clear through and I expected Alisson to confuse him into some nonsense but he just slowed up. It was truly strange. He has always had his speed but at this point even that seems to have deserted him. I truly appreciate what he’s done here. I wish he’d play on the right again and return to basics of just using his pace and strong foot to create. He isn’t two footed enough on this kind of form to even hope to be really dangerous. Playing him centrally isn’t building confidence— he just needs to simplify everything right now and get back to just being hard to mark

Getting linked to barca, but all our players were linked to barca last summer and we saw how that turned out. That said if he hits the 18 month point on the contract people will likely start making moves.

if he doesnt renew i can see loan to barca with mandatory buy happening since hes only linked with barca

if he doesnt renew i can see loan to barca with mandatory buy happening since hes only linked with barca
Perhaps, I remember him being interviewed on the BBC in his prime, and him more or less saying that he would like to try Spain in his career? Like Mahrez, when he's in top form he's very dangerous, but some players don't thrive from greater competition and reduced playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.