#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do suspect with Sterling something deeper is going on between him and Pep if he wants to leave, as previously he's shown a great will to fight for his place when challengers have appeared. I'd be disappointed to see him leave because even in his current form I believe there's a world class player bubbling in there who provides us with something very few players could and as long as he's been working hard that player will re-emerge eventually. Whatever happens he's done more than well enough to always have my appreciation, respect, and well wishes.

To add though, we're currently in a very privileged position whereby we don't need any one specific player. The team can still flourish without Sterling should he leave, and given the market bubble that keeps growing it may provide an opening to start exploring the usage of an academy player or two.

Cash in on Sterling if we can, but wouldnt be surprised to see a situation where he sits his contract out

I would much rather the club get Bernardo to stay long term
We should try and get one of their talented youngsters out of this at the very least. Now moriba has gone to leipzig and fati has just re-signed who else do they have with promise?

Who know sterling is England's KDB xd
players with the best ratio of assists per game in their national team in the 21st century:

some good points, but does not expliain why he often seems to have lost the basic skills that every "pro" should have. If it was "lack of confidence", which i now dont agree with, his inability to trap the ball, pass to a team mate, win one-on-ones, is painful to watch and getting worse.
Maybe a return to the Raz of old is possible, but needs to be very soon imho, for him , and for the team.
He never had those basic skills for any team he has played for. He made up for it in other ways. It's like some haven't seen him play his whole career.

This has been the consistent message all year, but people would rather pretend he's demanding an ungodly amount of money or running down his contract out of greed to get a signing bonus.

Whenever I hear 'Man City are confident' or 'man city are optimistic' about something happening, immediately I believe the opposite based on recent history lol. Sterling has viable career reasons to leave city IE playing for a team that gets more space in behind. I think he'll string us along for a while then start pushing for the move. I remember Milner did something similar.

We should try and get one of their talented youngsters out of this at the very least. Now moriba has gone to leipzig and fati has just re-signed who else do they have with promise?

I feel like the rise of Gavi has Barca in a tricky situation. Pedri, Gavi and Fati would all want to play and that just wouldn't happen. I see Barca selling either Pedri or Fati. So maybe a deal involving some cash plus Sterling for Fati might just do it.

I think Raheem moving on will suit everyone. He can get a new challenge somewhere and get paid well. We get to freshen the squad up and bring in a quality striker. I don't think we need to be considering players like Fati. I know he is excellent, but we have lots of excellent players already, on top of quality youngsters ready to step up in a year or so. If we are bringing someone in, they need to be a top quality established striker imo.

Still personally think a return to his best form is around the corner. Is Mahrez gonna have AfCoN this year? That might boost Sterling's minutes.

Presumably starting for England tonight and I don't think any of us will be surprised if he gets a goal or assist, despite Southgate's system being the football equivalent of making a group of genius scientists sit around growing lima beans and learning about ox-bow lakes. That alone indicates that he's still got the talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.