#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gets his numbers right up doesn’t it! Sane playing on the right limits him to fuck too at Bayern. It’s the current obsession though.

It's been a really popular thing since the likes of Ronaldinho, Messi, Robben etc did it to a ridiculous standard. You get more time on the ball and you can cut in and have a crack with your strong foot.

Problem is, most can't do it at a standard high enough to make it worth sacrificing the width. That's just my opinion and I'm sure plenty will disagree with me for all sorts of reasons but I do understand why players prefer to do it. It's just more fun.

It's been a really popular thing since the likes of Ronaldinho, Messi, Robben etc did it to a ridiculous standard. You get more time on the ball and you can cut in and have a crack with your strong foot.

Problem is, most can't do it at a standard high enough to make it worth sacrificing the width. That's just my opinion and I'm sure plenty will disagree with me for all sorts of reasons but I do understand why players prefer to do it. It's just more fun.

Also very dependent on how your fullbacks play. If you're Messi and have Dani Alves providing the overlap, no problem at all to play as an inverted winger and play in from the byline.

However, if you're playing on the "wrong" side AND you're expected to stay wide, all you can really do a lot of the time is get the ball and then cut inside into traffic.

I think it is more to do with what both managers want from Sterling and also the nature of international football, rather than anything personal.

I do agree, he did look like he had lost his last fiver whilst being interviewed and, that might be realising there are better technical players threatening his game time.

Yep I'm sure he was thinking in that interview "oh shit" there are better technical players ahead of me threatening my game time :)

He had exactly the same threat in the Euros - Phil, Grealish, Sancho, Rashford... blew them all away and was an automatic choice. Some of his stats were top draw - some best in the tournament - and ,er, for technical things like successful dribbles, shot creating actions, touches in the dangerous bit of the pitch (that is the penalty area by the way) etc etc..

For context, he was mainly deadpan and miserable in his post match England interviews and that was when internally he must have been buzzing. So, not wise to read too much into his demeanour at the weekend.

move him to the right as sooner or later Grealish will be frustrated he will bump into him on the left repeatedly.

Also I wonder how he will react if his game time will decrease this season, there was one moment after he was subbed looking miserable around 75th minute.

I prefer a Rodri, Foden, KDB trio when all fit in midfield, and Grealish-Kane-Sterling trio upfront with Torres, Mahrez biting at every chance to displace Sterling.

It's how I see it as well... if Bernie goes there is no competion on the right for Mahrez so seems obvious Sterling returns there and if returns to his best he will see off Mahrez and Torres ... Foden/Grealish on the left...KDB/Sterling on the right with Kane in the middle sounds great to me as a front 5.

Yep I'm sure he was thinking in that interview "oh shit" there are better technical players ahead of me threatening my game time :)

He had exactly the same threat in the Euros - Phil, Grealish, Sancho, Rashford... blew them all away and was an automatic choice. Some of his stats were top draw - some best in the tournament - and ,er, for technical things like successful dribbles, shot creating actions, touches in the dangerous bit of the pitch (that is the penalty area by the way) etc etc..

For context, he was mainly deadpan and miserable in his post match England interviews and that was when internally he must have been buzzing. So, not wise to read too much into his demeanour at the weekend.
Who has said he didn't thrive in the Euro's?

I dunno.

Seems like he’s lost his drive at City. 2017/18 he was class always pressing and making the right movements. Now.. he does the same thing every time on the ball:

- Cut inside and lose it
- Dribble to the end line and lose it

If we could sell him tomorrow for anything more than 80M I would. Especially with Grealish’s arrival, I just don’t really see how we can justify him getting any substantial time in the XI.

Last edited:
He aint going anywhere. I'm concerned we haven't spent where we needed to in this market and its going to hurt us tactically, and then our team moral is going suffer as a result. We already had too many attacking midfield players last season. Now we have just spent 100mill on another one who plays in the position as two of our 'undroppables', and can't shift any of the others. Meanwhile we don't have a striker. It's been awful so far. Paying 150mill for Kane is grotesque, and will bring little joy to me personally as I will have to listen to the usual toxic shite about spending from all my mates. We really should have went all out for a striker instead of Grealish.

He aint going anywhere. I'm concerned we haven't spent where we needed to in this market and its going to hurt us tactically, and then our team moral is going suffer as a result. We already had too many attacking midfield players last season. Now we have just spent 100mill on another one who plays in the position as two of our 'undroppables', and can't shift any of the others. Meanwhile we don't have a striker. It's been awful so far. Paying 150mill for Kane is grotesque, and will bring little joy to me personally as I will have to listen to the usual toxic shite about spending from all my mates. We really should have went all out for a striker instead of Grealish.

Grealish is a wonderful signing which has had zero impact on our hunt for a striker.We had/have our targets and we will try to get them through the door for as long as the window is open,unfortunately as amazing as our club is.....we cant make the impossible happen,but it won't be for a lack of trying.

What this has to do with Sterling though? i'm not sure?

Grealish is a wonderful signing which has had zero impact on our hunt for a striker.We had/have our targets and we will try to get them through the door for as long as the window is open,unfortunately as amazing as our club is.....we cant make the impossible happen,but it won't be for a lack of trying.

What this has to do with Sterling though? i'm not sure?

I think if Sterling was leaving it would simplify the plan for the rest of team. As there is zero chance of this, I just feel that there could be a lack of harmony in the squad this season in comparison to previously, where we still had people lacking game time, but the incumbents were playing so well and winning it meant there was little room for dissent.

I know its a personal thing, and its not my money. I would just prefer we didnt spend 250mill on two players. It opens us up for all sorts of abuse and tbh i'm sick of listening to the cunts. If Sterling was always going to be staying, then I really don't see the need for spending 100mill on Grealish, as Foden also plays there. I really like Grealish btw.

I think if Sterling was leaving it would simplify the plan for the rest of team. As there is zero chance of this, I just feel that there could be a lack of harmony in the squad this season in comparison to previously, where we still had people lacking game time, but the incumbents were playing so well and winning it meant there was little room for dissent.

I know its a personal thing, and its not my money. I would just prefer we didnt spend 250mill on two players. It opens us up for all sorts of abuse and tbh i'm sick of listening to the cunts. If Sterling was always going to be staying, then I really don't see the need for spending 100mill on Grealish, as Foden also plays there. I really like Grealish btw.
Sterling isnt on the same level as Grealish,it isnt even close,especially in a team that relies of technical ability and possession based football - they literally have nothing to do with each other.Foden and Grealish can and will play together,and it will be a thing of beauty for us and absolute fear for others.

Fuck what anyone else thinks of us,its nothing mare than jealously and you should laugh at the cunts and revel in such......you most definitely should not crumble at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.